How much does a waitress make?

I usually give 4-5 dollars for a tip. I do eat alone a lot and I do this cause I don't want the waiter or waitress to be like oh i'm only going to make 2 bucks off him and get crappy service. I try to budget myself at 8-10 dollars before the tip. This got me thinking if a waiter/waitress waited on 3 or 4 tables that's a good amount of money per hour right? Like $20-$25/hr? Or am I wrong? Grant it you probably have people who flat out don't tip at all.

I know they only get paid like $2 an hour, but you get a group of people that rack up a 100 dollar tab. You get at least $15 just from one table right?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a bad gig if you're patient, in shape, coordinated and have a good memory. My cousin could pull $200 a night working a double back in the day, which would be between $12-15 an hour. And that was 10 years ago. I was always jealous because I made between $6.50-$8 working at an amusement park, which was outside, had twice as many rude people and included vomit. 😝

• Wow, no wonder she lit up when I gave her 4 bucks. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Not very much an hour they all depend on tips to make it worth There while for them showing up to work

What Girls Said 6

• My friend works as a waitress at a country club. She makes $3.00/hr

• Yeah here in Melbourne you can earn about 23-27$/h on average but shit is crazy expensive here so the minimum wage is quite high, too.

• Minimum Wage, not a whole lot

• Maybe 8 an hr or so. Most servers depend on tips to make ends meet. It depends on place and clientele.

• If they are damn good at a fancy restaurant, they can make enough to support themselves and a family. Hourly wage is probably 7 bucks an hour but its the tips that makes their pockets full.

• Depends on the restaurant and waitress herself. I know waitresses who can make $1000 tips a week lol. Most waitresses get paid minimum wage so their salary depends on the tips. I wish I could pull in that much, but Id just spill drinks everywhere

What Guys Said 2

• They make significantly less than minimum wage. With what they have to put up with and the amazing service they are giving you. They deserve about $15-$20. But to each his own. I used to work for tips so I know how it is.

• Serve more make more.