Would you break up with your partner if they just let go and got really fat?

Would you?

• Yes I would break up with my partner if they got very fat
  • No I would not break up with them over that
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. Is it a medical issue and out of their control? Then no, I would stand by them.

Are they being incredible lazy and unhealthy, and will not listen to health risks? Probably. I don't want to be around when they purposefully self destruct. But that is if they push me too far. If they were gradually gaining a little weight, ok no prob. But once you reach obesity, and they refuse positive encouragement and help to lose the weight...

Most Helpful Guy

• I would likely notice before it got the the point where she was "fat" and I would invite her to workout with me and I'd cook healthier foods for us. If those efforts failed and she gained too much weight, I would break up with her. As bad as it sounds, I'm not to the point in my life yet where I'd stay with someone absent physical attraction.

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't want to break up with them for that reason however, if you look at it from a realistic point of view. The person that I fell in love with was first working hard to stay fit and look good, smell good, take care of themselves, shower, and make an effort. If they just stop that completely, I don't know what it is but I just kind of lose the attraction. Like even if I adored their personality, if they stopped putting an effort into themselves it becomes a real turn off.

• My boyfriend would have to eat an entire house of food to get fat. I couldn't even imagine him being overweight. But if he did, I would encourage him to work out with me (I would love a work out buddy) Haha, though I don't know if he would be up for all the classes I take.

• They clearly work as your profile pic shows the result! :P

• haha, oh yes, it took 3 straight days of kickboxing to remove the flesh from my nose

• If they weren't willing to start exercising and stuff, I probably would. I'm not attracted to really fat dudes.

• NOPE! I am already fat! haha two fat people to freakin adorable!

• Only if it was soooo much weight that I wasn't sexually attracted to him anymore.

• If it's my partner I don't think they would do that since we would be on the gym all day lol
    And we would fuck too so that's enough work out.

• If he became very obese I wouldn't break up with him just for that. But if he refused to try and get healthy again, I may consider ending the relationship eventually. That'd be incongruent with my own values

• Really fat?

Yes.

• Why's that?

• I'd never let myself let go like that. I wouldn't hold it against them.

• Never say never. You're still young.

• no thats really petty

What Guys Said 7

• Voted C. It depends on how long I have been with her.

If I have been with her long enough that I'm emotionally invested in her, then I wouldn't even dream of breaking up with her for this reason. I would, however, encourage and motivate her to lose weight.

• Well, If my girl just started getting all lazy out of nowhere and gaining weight, I'd talk to her about it and try to get her back into shape. If she just kept being lazy and getting more fat, and still refused to work with me to lose it, I'd leave to be honest because I wouldn't be attracted to her if she was obese/fat, and would probably had became stubborn if she couldn't see that it would benifit both of us significantly. If she had some health problem that made it happen I'd stay with her and try to help, but if it's out of laziness, then I'd leave

• I would! Because i would warn her beforehand and if she doesn't want to listen well..

• Nah I like fluffy girls and skinny girls so it's all good haha

• Yeah if it ain't baby weight and even then, why leave it?

• It would depend on a lot of factors, like how fat they became and why, and how great the relationship was in other respects.

• They let them selfs go and not putting in a 100% into life anymore not the girl i married and not the kind of girl i want