How do I get over my HUGE fear of wars/bombs? (Nice comments only)?

I have this HUGE fear of wars and bombs. I do not mean just freaking out if I watch a war movie. If I just start thinking of it (the thought comes and goes as it pleases. I cannot really control when I think of it), I get all sweaty, my stomach turns, my heart races and I cannot fall asleep at all (The fear comes usually at night). It has really been a problem as I do not get the sleep I need. I know wars and bombs are a real thing, however I do not think I should be this scared about it. I have always had this exaggerated fear. Any suggestions on how to get over it? Any advice is appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people have give some thought to war and bombs and many fear it. I once felt fear at the thought of having to fight in a war or having bombs dropped on my house. However, you have to ask yourself why this a fear of yours and examine that fear. What is it exactly that you're afraid of? Dying? Physical pain? Losing your loved ones? Pinpoint your fears and address them individually.

Is it dying? We all die someday and it's largely out of our control. It's a scary thought of what it means to die but it's comforting to know it's something EVERY living thing faces. Death is peaceful - life rarely is

Is it physical pain? Pain sucks but it's nothing you can't handle. It'll fade soon. Your body will try to reduce severe pain. If it is something you can't handle, there is some comfort in the fact that you may be dying and it'll all be over soon, haha.

Is it losing your loved ones? Who doesn't fear that? We can't control that either. Just remind yourself about the fact that you still have them now. Be sure to appreciate them and their company while it's possible.

Is it something else? Feel free to add exactly what it is so people may help you more accurately.

What Guys Said 8

• Don't be embarrassed for it. I've never been in a war but I guess the older people here in Europe who've been in world war 2 would feel just like you.
    No one of us wants to be involved in war.
    Let's hope we'll stay away from the bombs forever :D

• @Hans222 My two granddads and one granny died by bombs. There were also a few Vietminh bombs in Paris, Then Algerian, then rightist, then IRA bombs, Basque bombs, 'Communist' bombs (more Anarchist in my opinion ) Europeans are used to bombs.

• I wouldn't call the Greek Civil War, the Korean war and the Vietnam war, with the illegal bombing of Laos an Cambodia small incidents.

• @jacquesvol No but it didn't happen in Belgium! For the local population those were very big incidents!

• More than half a billion people in Europe. Those 2% Muslims (CIA estimation) won't change much. 2% of 500mn= 10 mn.

• And only a few are terrorists.

• That's your opinion. lol.

• @sean1234 Yes, I know my sources, and I know the vlogging on youtube too.

• So there's this game I think you should play, it's called Fallout 4...

• go see a psychiatrist

• 0|0
  • Relax here is some soothing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAkkIbRbRE

• Praying to Jesus, son of God is always the best bet.

• @jacquesvol It would have been no big deal 150+ years ago. What does if matter if a big city here disappeared back then when were're in another state 1000 miles away getting food and crops from my neighbors? Back then people didn't have to prepare. Most people today can't even comprehend it.

• @jacquesvol We don't really watch fox news anymore, it's been years. Either Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. It's funny, Glenn Beck gets his news about what's going on in other countries by either asking his friends who live there or going there himself.

• Hmm. And I wanted a Bomb Disposal Tech... we are total opposites.

What Girls Said 0