If it was up to you, would you make prostitution legal in your country?

If you do, it will be legal and regulated.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, people are going to seek out prostitutes for sex and it has been around since ancient times. Why not legalize prostitution, require regular health checks and provide insurance for them as well as benefits just as is done in any other profession. A big benefit for a community would be the reduction of sexually transmitted diseases and a tax revenue for the community.

Lets get this out of the alley ways, front seat of cars, and filthy hotel rooms and turn it into a respected industry.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can legalize and regulate prostitution, you would hopefully make it safe.

Look, it's like one of the oldest professions in the world. It's not going away, and criminalizing it doesn't make it any safer for anyone. It certainly doesn't discourage people from becoming prostitutes.

Human trafficking of course is an issue, but it would have been an issue (and an important one) regardless of whether prostitution was legal or not.

What Guys Said 13

• i would but i would take a page from the norweigan model and make it illegal to solicit prostitutes. the biggest issue in prostitution are those who exploit the prostitutes, so pimps.

• Yes, but it will also be strictly regulated, so as to prevent the spread of STDs.

• Of course. That's what I said.

• It already is. Dropped a lot of crime rates, improved the report rate of other crimes. Overall has been pretty benificial.

• Yes, it's stupid that it isn't.

• it is legal in my country and I think it's the right decision. You can't stop it by making it illegal, all you change is making it more risky for the prostitutes.
    Make it legal but with strict laws and give the woman who WANT to do it a safe base to practice their job and hunt the ones responsible for human trafficking and shit like that

• I would. Prostitutes are needed in this world. They can help prevent rape.

I have more respect for prostitutes then i have for sluts.

• It's already rampant, so I'll keep it illegal and let it happen. Be a waste of time/money/resources to regulate and enforce those regulations.

• So you don't care what happens to the prostitutes and clients who get STDs from them? Or human trafficking?

• Wow.

• I don't really endorse prostitution, but yes sure, all of the dangers of prostitution are rooted in the fact that it is illegal and it shouldn't really be.

• it is here in Australia

• No. For many reasons. None of which I wish to discuss (again) with any of you.

• It is legal and regulated in Turkey.

• really?

• Yeah. It's regulation is pretty strict though. For example, it can only be practiced in government owned institutions with licensed prostitutes. You cannot call over a prostitute to your place. Of course, there's still tons of illegal and unregulated business going on.

• Legal, safe and cheap!

• it is legal in my country. since forever.

What Girls Said 5

• Ah, I accidentally clicked the wrong one. I should have voted A. I think it should be monitored and regulated, which would make it so much safer for the prostitutes and reduce the crime surrounding prostitution.

• Then prostitutes would have to pay taxes like everyone else. And it would be safer for everyone involved. Defiantly a yes from me.

• No prostitution is wrong whether you're the buyer or seller.

• If it's legal and it becomes regulated one will have to pay taxes and I do not want to pay taxes

• You're a prostitute? o. O

• That should read, "I mean that you contradict me with such off-the-cuff nonchalance like I'm an idiot.."
      Is extremely irritating

• Well, I wasn't really trying to treat you like an idiot or whatever, I just found the price to be high for an intercourse and you yourself stated that it doesn't happen often because it's expensive... I've never been a prostitute, I wouldn't know shit to contradict you on...

• The thought of (at least) getting a full body naked massage down the street that goes all the way (happy ending) for a reasonable price by a pro takes me to heaven.