What to do with this GAG stalker?

Been chatting to this guy who answered my questions awhile ago. He seems to be harmless and normal so we carry on our conversation in private message. I was showing him a photo but that photo has a link and exposed my facebook identity.

He was upfront about he now knows my identity and told me his. Things seems to be normal here. Later on he started asking me lots of weird questions like if guy A / B /C is your boyfriend? as they seem to match your description? He even asked if there is sexual details I want to share with him. I told him no this is not something I do. He asked for my location, the type of cars we drive and this is just boarderline stalking.

So I blocked him and unblocked thought it was all cleared. he messaged me and asking why I blocked him. I told him because he was making me uncomfortable. He said bye so I thought this is the end.

yesterday he liked one of my photo on facebook. We are not freinds but that photo was set to public. meaning he is still looking up my page. My boyfriend knows about it and he said just ignore him

Anyway encounter experience like this? What did you do about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why don't you just report him here to the admins and keep him blocked on FB. If he comes up with another identity, you can always write to FB and they'll take care of him :)

Act on this don't ignore :)

• I didn't know I can report him here. I though blocking is the only options. I don't know GAG that well

• and yes thank you for the up vote :D

• Thank you so much, young lady for your thoughtful, kind and generous gesture of selecting my opinion the MHO :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah guys ask me occasional questions but it doesn't get as specific as what vehical do I drive or if/who am I in a relationship with.

I don't have any social media accounts so I can't slip up and make a mistake like this. GAG is the closest site to any social media sites for me. So I can play it safe.

• Yea he is an IT guy and he said to me don't trust an IT guy afterward.. he told me my link has a my profile ID.. I didn't know he would turn out to be a creep as he is younger and appear to be a nice introvert guy.

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 13

• Just go back and block him again. Job done. Make all your posts for friends only. Go through the FB privacy and security options carefully. If needs must, change your account to a different name. Make your friends list private.

This is just one of the reasons I gave up FB years ago. It's too easy to give away personal information. Even the background of photos can sometimes give away so much!

• Friend list is private. He checked those who liked my profile picture.

Since I blocked him all pics are friends only except cover. FB makes cover public and no option to make it private.

• Will look it up. cheers

• Most welcome!

• Next time when sharing photos, don't share a photo you have posted anywhere else online, even without it linking to your account anyone could find any other account that uses that image with a simple image search.

Anyways as for your situation I would just block him on all accounts and maybe update your security settings.

• I wouldn't call it stalking, a stalker wouldn't ask questions. He was just curious... worst case its just an invasion of private space. your boyfriend was right, just ignore him. Or you can repay the favor, which frankly is what i'd do...

• he is not physically following me but He was going through who was interacting with me on Facebook and asking if they are my boyfriend. The block happened 2 months ago and he still is checking my facebook and even liked a photo.. this is creepy as fuck

• LOL would you like to have him for your stalker collection?

• Shoot... bring it on... im running a little low anyway lol... need people feeding my ego...

• well that's weird af.
    you had the same photo you sent him on facebook so he reversed searched it which is fucked.
    now i'm assuming he's got your facebook profile bookmarked or something and checks it a lot.
    it's still stalking so police is always an option

• I doubt whether the police would do anything, as the FB posts are public, for ANYONE to view. You have implied, by making them public, that it IS acceptable for anyone to view.

• Make it something that has nothing to do with you or your life. I sometimes put an old profile pic of me on GAG that's 8 or 9 years old. The cover pic is Meg, our late border collie.

• The cover photo is not a photo of me. he liked it as if he is reminding me to block him LOL by the way I just rememeber I'm asking this as anonymous. Meaning people on block list can see it as well. I wonder if he can see this questions..

• block him everywhere and make sure you privacy settings on fb are correct

• Done that, he can't see anything from me anymore. He can only stalk my friends (he take notes previously) or he open a fake account and try to invite us.

• That's actually horrifying.

• It is borderline stalking maybe but not essentially stalking... he could be just curious or very jobless person so he spends time by looking you up... if you feel uncomfortable you can block him on facebook too

• Already blocked him on all channels. He said he is a fulltime student. he can go watch porn or stalk other girls. It was just crrepy of him to like my photo even I have blocked him on GAG and told him his quetsions has been making me uncomfortable

• Even though he's no longer on your FB list he may still be seeing your updates. I was kicked out of a group once and still got notifications from that group. So he may still be getting your updates.

• I've now as nerve friends with him on FB. He just found my profile 2 months ago and still checking it

• Never

• Hopefully you won't make such a mistake again going forward

• never again. now that I know photo link has ID.. also i won't trust younger people who try to appear as introvert who is lacking confidence

• Damn, i guess you should block him everywhere you can if you want to get rid of him ;)

• Done that. Hope he doesn't stalk my friends or create new accounts to stalk lol

• True, fake new accounts can be made easily.

• You blocked him, right? It should be over then

• I have not. I am too smart for this to ever occur.

• begun, the blocking wars has

• The questions about your cars and such are creepy and the sexual questions seemed to be asked too soon. These are indeed red flags. Block him and keep him blocked.

• yes already blocked him on facebook and here will never unblock again. My boyfriend said just ignore him. I guess not much I can do apart from blocking? My boyfriend thinks no need to take it further though?

• Have you just given something away?

• @dogbert444 No.,.,..,.,.,

/./././

What Girls Said 11

• Temporarily change your name on Facebook -- to a nickname or a shorter version of your real name, to make sure that he can't just keep creating new profiles to find you on Facebook and look you up by name. After 6 months, change back to your full name, as he'll have given up by then.

• So if you were called Hannah, for example, if you change your profile so that your first name is "Han" and the second name is "nah" -- instead of your first name and last name, the people on your friends list will still know it's you, but crazy stalker dude will no longer be able to find your profile by typing in your first and last name.

• The scary part was he was asking which one of my friend is my boyfriend. He probably take joteso F their names and can find me through them

• *take notes*

• First of all, block him on Facebook. Taht kind of behaviour is not to be tolerated. You should also block him on this website. I have an idea of who that could be, and if it's who I'm thinking of, he also stalked me. Made threats to my friends and family, etc.

• Done all blocking. This one hasn't threatened me but was plain creepy. Hope your stalking is leaving you alone now

• How you know it's him? Just out of curiosity

• Because he goes like "you evil mean witch! I never did anything to deserve that!" at random.

• That sounds scary as fuck. Block him. Everywhere.

And I kinda had an experience like that. The dude created like 3 new Facebook accounts to keep talking to me but I blocked him in all those accounts.
    After some months he stopped bothering me.

• block him from FB too.. or change your username there.. I think he won't be able to find you anymore..

• Done. He probably had my friends name already and stalk them from there. Those he suspect to be my boyfrienss

• some people are so pathetic.. ugh.. I hope this will be over soon

• He is indeed. I showed his messages to my boyfriend. My boyfriend was laughing at him and said don't worry about him just ignore him. He is blocked on all channel. He probably is now busy stalking my friends or other girls on GAG

• If it really makes you that uncomfortable, block him on Facebook and ratchet down your security settings...

or even make a new facebook

• You could block and report them.

• Already blocked on all media

• hmm... I had a couple people who wouldn't leave me alone...

• That happened to me and I blocked him from Facebook and all social networking sites, and I had to deactivate my Facebook account for a month.

• Uhm, change your Fb settings. Make sure everything is set on private or only visible to your friends and you.

• It's always been that way. can't change cover pic settings

• Ohhhh yeah cover pics lmao. Thats kind of weird tho that guy looked at your cover pic and the people who might have liked or commented on it

• Put the guy on block

• Deactivate your Facebook account.

• You can set your FB profile to private if he is still making you uncomfortable.

I don't know if I would call this stalking, it seems maybe an invasion of privacy with certain questions. But I would ignore him and set it to private if he is making you uncomfortable.