Do you have to kiss rich people's asses to become a politician?

I would like to become a politician, not like the President but maybe a Senator or Governor. But I've read that you must keep the wealthy comfortable and protected or no one's ever going to notice you exist. I'm not from a rich family, and I kind of hate capitalism, so it seems that my chances are low.

Most Helpful Guy

• U need money to fund your campaign but that doesn't mean that u rely on rich people
    people donate for cause and they would for u too if they like u

What Guys Said 5

• Look at Bernie Sanders. He's the best example that if you're smart and eloquent, you can also make it without kissing anyone's ass.

• Our electoral system is drenched in cash since conservatives think that money is speech. Our elected representatives spend 80% of their time raising funds by kissing ass. To defeat them, which is almost impossible, a person has to kiss even more asses. It's a sick system and it is not democratic.

• Yes much ass kissing involved

• Yep. Most of their job is fundraising, so a lot of kissing up

• You have to flatter everyone to be a politician, the masses just need a different kind of ass kissing. When ass kissing is done right the kissee doesn't even know you are doing it, they just think you are a wonderful "smart and eloquent" person.

What Girls Said 0