Thoughts on people who have attempted/committed suicide?

I'm curious. I've recently been hospitalised because I attempted to commit suicide a week ago by overdosing on a bunch of pills and some MDMA. I can't explan the reason here as it would take a lot more than this text box allows, but I do have clinical depression and anxiety. I guess what I'm asking is what are your thoughts around the subject? Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all I understand that all the people pass by hard times in life but you should be strong man life ain't easy we all know that, you're only 19 complete your studies have a goal and work till your bank account looks like a phone number, go visit countries in this world, why can't you think about people that will miss you if you die? why don't think of your family that will be heartbroken? don't be selfish if you want happiness you can have it in any way and let me tell you something that we all want happiness but we can't have a rainbow without a little rain don't give up pleasee, everyday is a chancee to be better than the day before!

Most Helpful Guy

• Each persons limit on what they can handle before it becomes unbearable is different just as each person deals with and handles the pressures of life differently.
    I have seen some bleak days in my years here and the thoughts of ending it all have crossed my mind more than once during all of it. Some say suiside is the cowards way out and in some ways that holds merit and in some ways it doesn't. I prefer to look at it as maybe they just haven't reach the maturity level to be in the situation that they are finding them selves in at that particular time. Some things in life are bigger bites to chew on than others , so to say

What Girls Said 4

• I would think they obviously have some conflict, both internal and external, and they should be treated with kindness.

• I really hope u are feeling better
    I think is very sad because life is wonderful is just a matter of trying to find possitive things, it can be hard sometimes, but it is possible. I think that people with this condition need love and a lot of support, they need to express their feelings with someone. I think they need to learn to value themselves and understand that their lifes are precious

• Depression can be a very overwhelming feeling that can lead to thoughts and attempts of suicide. I think life can get really hard but suicide isn't worth it

• I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I'm glad that you're still here, I hope you're getting the support you need and know that you are going to get better <3

About people who are or have been suicidal in general, I feel incredibly bad for them, I can't imagine how much pain they must have felt.

What Guys Said 1

• My thoughts is that while I don't know what you're going through I do feel sympathy for you and anyone with depression and anxiety. I have felt depressed for a couple days before. I know the feeling, but again it's not to the extent that you're talking about. I wish you the best of luck man. Be strong dude.