What would you do if you saw a man grab an old lady's purse and start running?

Most Helpful Guy

• Run the fucker down and slam him into a wall or the ground, put my boot in his throat and give it back to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shoot him in the foot and get the purse back

What Guys Said 21

• The man will get a beating of his life
    First off he's stealing and that too from an old person, he is surely going to be black and blue by the time I get done with him

• i'd give chase and try and get it back for her

• Do a "Crocodile" Dundee and take him out with a tin of beans!

• Beat the shit out of him

• I'm not remotely strong or good at running, but I'd attempt to take a picture, or if I don't manage to, write down what he looked like, then go to a police station with her.

• Chase him down

• I'm not very fast, but if he ran towards me, I'd have his ass on the ground and my foot on his neck before the old lady could even turn around.

• Stare bewildered.

• I'll call the Ambulance ...
    .
    .
    .
    for him.

• I am a pretty fast person.
    I would bolt after them like an attack dog.

• Call the police, describe what happened and what the guy looks like, etc. And let them deal with it.

• Probably run after him

• Tackle and hold him until the police got their.

• I will chase that guy & fight with that guy & return the old lady purse to her.

• I'd say "the thief has stoled, a man must rescue this purse"

• Run with him or ask him for money in the bag... !!! :P :P

Kick his ass

• just keep on walking

• Realistically I wouldn't do anything. Yelling at the person might work but I'm not gonna physically stop them. It's not worth it. The person could have a weapon or whatever and it could escalate. All that over a purse that can be replaced.

• Beat him to a inch of their life💪

• NOT chase after him because that's beyond idiotic. Virtually every self defense instructor and people like Chuck Norris Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee have all said let the person get away. Everyone has an overly inflated ego and think they could take on any thief. They do not know that at all and they'd only find out after it's too late. A purse is not worth someone dying over. I'd go over to the lady and make sure she's ok and call the cops for her. Like an intelligent person would do.

• nothing. not my purse not my granny. those who'd say i'd chase him ala chuck norris style are idiots. what if he has a kndife or gun? i won't die for a stranger's fucking purse.

• people always act like they are gonna save the day but really the person could have a weapon and it's not worth it. It's just a purse. That can be replaced with just about anything that is left in there can be too.

• @ihatethiswebsite too much talking from our "heros" but too little doing.

What Girls Said 5

• I would call the cop!

• It's dangerous for me to stop the thief from taking the purse, so I wouldn't do anything. The best I would do is call the cops.

• I'd adorn my Bat Bitch suit, jump to the nearest fire escape, run across some buildings and drop on top of him. Then I'd give him the middle finger, tell him to not fuck with justice, and then I'd return the purse.

• I'd clothesline him with my hula hoop so he could be humiliated even before his arrest and perp walk. I'd see the elderly lady home after returning her purse and make sure she's ok.

• I'd chase him down and get it back. Than I'd go give it back to the lady.