Do you wish college/university was like in the movies?

I sure do. It all looks so awesome xD I don't know if you guys have seen the show Blue Mountain State, but that's the dream college xD

What about you guys?

• I wish it was like in the movies
  • I do NOT wish it was like in the movies

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Even the frat parties at Ferris were tamer than most movie colleges. And the last time I was invited to one, I got randomly twerked by a drunk gal before I knew what twerking was. I didn't know how to react. The others wondered why I backed away instead of grinding her. But it was a subculture I'd been sheltered from before then. It seemed all so dumb, pointless, and weird.

Then there was the gal that drank too much and was acting really sick. I instinctively began protecting her from other party goers I was convinced might take advantage of her, and even asked her if she needed to go to the hospital. The homeowner pulled me aside and told me to leave, claiming I sounded "like a rapist." He was very drunk when he said that. I was the only one apparently who hadn't been drinking. They pulled me in off the street after I was biking home from watching the 2007 TMNT cartoon in theaters. Never went back there.

I found most of college was weirdos in the lobby having weird sex conversations, lots of events sponsored by the staff endorsing weird sex talk, being woken up at 3 AM because the room three away of mine the couple were bouncing the bed too loudly and I could hear everything through those walls, boring study times, lots of hours writing a comic, and being grateful for women who treated as more than just a sex object. (And being mean to me because there were other guys they'd rather bang, as if they were incapable of thinking about anything but sex.)

I remember the lame arguments, insane politics, dealing with vandals, and being treated like a criminal just for wanting to know what the hell was going on. Living on lemonade and chocolate milk. Always getting annoyed by that elusive Javascript that would let me make an HTML page without the Marquee element that would scroll the text like film credits. Having to work on teams with insufferable classmates. Having weird health problems that would come and go. Being in the emergency room 2 or 3 times. Friends were often in the emergency room too for one thing or another. A few acquaintances were in jail once or twice, though they never contacted me so I was never able to visit them or help them in any way. They'd simply vanish.

I mostly remember it being often dull and lonely. Nothing like the movies.

• *grateful for women who treated me as more than just a sex object.

It got old real fast that my entire worth by others up there was measured solely on whether or not they saw me as someone worth having sex with. I went looking for souls I could connect with. And found a bunch of lizard brained women whose entire view of college was "eat, study, f*, repeat."

What Girls Said 15

• I answered no... just because there is so much you just don't show in movies. College isn't a big party, it's about studies. Yes, I did party when I was a student and it was fun but not nearly as much as this. I know I wouldn't be able to handle what you see in those movies.

• I know movies don't show what a real college life is, that's why I asked this, cause to me, in movies it's much better than in real life.

• Um... they are like movies! It looks like you weren't invited to any lol!

• no because i already hate parties but college is for learning not one big party judging by the party in the picture that has got to be a STD hot spot. Books are a much better fake universe than movies will ever be. If college becomes free, there is no way i would pay for this.

• Of course I do!!! But just a random normal American or Canadian college will do, It's way better than the boring ugly colleges I'm actually trapped in 😞

• Main reason why i wanna go to college!

@front2back goes to a great fucking university XD

And I also met a guy from Michigan and he says his school is full of crazy parties. He has shown me proofs lol

Can't wait to party like crazy XD

• To be fair, you don't exactly go to a very traditional school. Larger universities would have a much better party scene. I may have only been to two parties ever, but they actually do get pretty crazy! It's hilarious. Fortunately, I didn't see anyone having sex out in the open. (that I know of) But there are cool lights, loud music, beer pong, and too many people to hardly move around at all.

• Yeah, my school sucks even with real life "college life" hahaha xD When I'm +30, I'm gonna go back to college for my master's and be like the old dude that provides with the best parties, drinks, drugs... xD
      I will always feel bad for never having a nice college life, it sucks :(

• To clarify what I said earlier, I would find you some girls, none of which would be me. I will not be involved.

• I didn't say parties with no girls xD

• you think you are disappointed wait to you see lebanese universities.
    The one I newly transferred to is even called 'university Holy Spirit of kaslik".
    go figure.

• Yep, I mean... who wouldn't, movie universities are totally awesome :D

• Yeah, movies are much better than real life

• Not really. I think that's an exaggerated version of having fun.

• me too

there would be less exams

• That would be so awesome xD I've seen it.
    But like someone said, wouldn't be so great for the studying- and that's the main reason for even going to college so ;)

• My college experience wasn't bad. We didn't have frats or sororities, so there wasn't hazing or anything like that going on. I'm not into hardcore partying and actually prefer to learn. I voted No, for me.

• I think you watched too many American movies about college and it has messed up your perception of what colleges in America are really like.

• That's why I said if you'd like them to be like in the movies. Obviously I knew from the beginning they weren't like that.
      This is why I never allow anons in my question -_-

• Why do you keep replying if you think I'm a loser? I'm reporting you because you deserve it. No I'm pretty sure I'm making you mad because you keep replying with more angry insults. If you truly found me hilarious you would have ignored my comments a long time ago and never replied so I know you are lying and full of shit when you say that. Don't bull shit me because I will call it out faster than your people run from the bulls.

It's obvious you started the fight because you insulted me first.

I'm not sure why you think I'm running because I keep replying to your butthurt comments.

I'm not sure what me being anon has to do with my personality traits.

You don't even know me so I'm not sure why you feel the need to make up false characteristics about me.

Grow up

• You can tell a lot of someone just by a few comments, especially someone who attacks others without showing their face, or even username. So I don't need to know who you are to know you're pathetic :)

Like I said, report me if you want, I don't care, it just proves everything that I said about you.

And I keep replying cause it's hilarious to see you all feisty xD But now I'm going to bed, so if you wanna keep this going on tomorrow, go ahead, if not, then have a great night <3

• If all ya wanna do is get hammered, there are far cheaper ways! by the way, I partied my ass off AND graduated with a 3.89 GPA. Balance is key.

What Guys Said 17

• I went to UMass, aka The Zoo. Not quite as over the top as the movies, but we got pretty close...
    http://youtu.be/W8aLiZbAohc
    http://youtu.be/ewxCyTtAgIw

I went for 8 years, and I STILL wish I stayed longer. Matter of fact, I'd never leave if it were socially acceptable😂

• Oh man, that looks so awesome... so jealous right now xD

• It was best time of my life, for sure. I actually lived right in the apartments where the second video was shot. That quad would always have huge parties going on, individual apartments would have parties and the sliding door in every living room opened up out into that. Prime real estate👌 Party every weekend and you didn't even have to host it, haha, plus these people would come through and collect all the cans wicked early in the morning, the mess wasn't even that bad😂

• aha yeahhhhh no most schools aren't like that. I know there are some parties, hell I went to a porno party at a college here in california... holy fuck, it made the picture above look weak it made me want to quit "partying" become a shut in and do something with my life, on top of that i get anxiety from crowds. My brother and dad were the ones who partied too much and didn't work on themselves... screw that, I am not going to end up in a job as a waiter or a depressed dad. Im gonna get somewhere at least.

• not really. The point of university is really to learn something that will make you more marketable in the real world... not party every night -_-

• Im not really into crazy parties

• I think I would like that, lots of parties, hot girls everywhere...

• Lol ya they skipped the scene where I studied all night for an exam

• Hahahah see, if college was like in the movies, you wouldn't have had to study all night xD

• That's true xD I knew it wasn't gonna be like in the movies, but I thought there were gonna be some similarities... nope, I was wrong xD

• Ya it is true, just exaggerated

• For me it was like the movies but better because it was real.

• Blue mountain state? Down in bama, we party harder. My dad and brother being ato, Ima keep alive the legacy

• You don't have to study when you getting drafted by Houston Texans jn your second hear. Nomsayin

• @other_tommy_wiseau lmao "gotta go" where you going little nigga? Hole y'all fans climb out of to bitch on net and then go bak in cos y'all really don't do shit all season? Lmao butthurt over what? Cos we kicked your asses 19-14? And don't need to spell if we can still beat y'all that bad lol

• @other_tommy_wiseau only one that's mad is you cos we kicked ya'lls ass 19-14 and you can't get over it and now is bitching about on net cos u can't do it irl lol

• It looks absolutely retarded in the movies, plus everyone is about 30.

• Plus the movies look pretty tame compared to some of the stuff that happened in RL.

• If you mean the part where I don't pay anything for school, then yes! Absolutely!

• I do not, seriously do not, and I feel movie is an exaggeration (from what I experienced).

• Ouuu, yeah, I wish that, definitely

• Hell no I want to actually learn shit by the time I am done haha

• Yessssss <3

• I do wish it was a bit like in the movies. At least some fun parties. The parties are just exactly the same as going to a bar but cheaper and usually outside

• So I can be a douchebag bro? No thanks, I'll pass...

• Not really. Just going around being loud and obnoxiously drunk. People like that have no shame.