Wtats it like owning a car with no a/c?

is it really that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the climate that you live in. If your summers are typically hot and humid, it can be awful even with all the windows rolled down. If you're in California or Arizona or something, it might not be as bad because I think dry heat dissipates more quickly than humid heat.

Because of the climate that I live in - hot, humid summers and cold winters - I'd rather that the car have working heat over AC any day. I'd rather sweat than get frostbite, lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's not terrible. my car has ac and i use it sometimes, but i like the window open better. you feel the air in your face and it's natural cooling. the key really is to drive fast enough ;)

• I know exactly what you're talking about

• it sucks for the 1st 10 minutes when it's 110+ in the car, but it gets better, especially when going down the highway 80+. and it's great when you're traveling long distances (like 7+ hours) cause the wind hitting your face keeps you awake and gives you a great excuse to crank your music all the way up. i got dat aux chord doe!!!

• ahahaha

What Girls Said 5

• It's TERRIBLE. Mine went out on me in July. The fun part is I still don't know what's wrong with it and the heat doesn't work either.

• is it got where you live?

• Yeah, it gets up to 85-90(F) most times in the summer. And it's bitter cold right now.

• I owned a car without heat for a day, it was misery. I was shivering cold. I imagine it'd be equally as miserable without a/c.

• I don't think that it's that bad lol i have a car with a/c but i never use it. I'm more of a "window-down wind blowing through my hair" radio blaring kinda girl lol :)

• so am i, that's the only downside of the car I wanna buy

• yea I hate using the a/c on the car I'm using now. saves gas too tbh

• Oh that's cool :) haha didn't even realize

• In Utah in June - August it's unbearable. Unless you like dripping sweat.

• depends on where you live

What Guys Said 3

• It is, especially if you got later seats. That's why I fix that up right away if it goes

• Yo.. no a/c in the 100% humid Houston heat...
    I damn near hugged the mechanic when he fixed it up

• It's sucks but not has bad as not having heat during the winter.