My parents won't let me get a phone because of all the wireless signals that are bad for the brain.. please help?

so i want a phone. not because its trendy but because I want to be able to read, text and surf the internet stuff like that WITHOUT wifi. but apprently the signals in the phone can cause brain cancer and yahta so i can't get one. Im really upset because i want one and also tbh not having one makes me feel really young and im homeschooled so yes i feel like i dont fit in with anyone else either. it just sucks :(
any advice, what should i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ummm 😐
    That's kinda familiar to me till last year 😂
    It sucks I know but I think you should try to impress your parents...
    That could help !
    Or ask your boyfriend for one 😂 lol jk 😁

• well they would get it for me if i really wanted it (which i do) but they dont want me to have something that is apparently bad for my brain so i guess theyre looking out for me but im still upset cuz im a brat xD

• I don't know i know theyre trying to do whats best for me but yet im still whining about it cuz it doesn't seem far i really want a phone and yeah.. :(

• Nah don't be upset
      Be happy it's nothing big they'll buy you a phone 📱 maybe on Christmas or your b'day just wait...
      Now smile 😉

Most Helpful Girl

• thats a bit strange of your parents!

What Guys Said 5

• Well that cancer causing signals that everyone seems so afraid of is as bad as everyone thinks. I mean if you use it 27/7 and it is against you all the time as well. There might be a increase in your likely hood of getting it but there is still not a actual link that the "experts" can without a doubt say that using phones and other wireless tech causes cancer.

• there are so many things you do every day which are more risky to cause cancer than that... but if it's important check the SAR value for phones (Specific absorption rate).

still, there is no scientific proof that that they are causing an increased risk for cancer

• there is scientific proof dont ask me to show it cuz i dont have it my parents do.

• feel free to post some sources... but unless you glue your phone on your head that's extremely unlikely

• i said please dont ask for me to give u some proof, i dont have it. my parents do and im just saying what i believe in and what they also believe in

• Tell them the difference between ionizing radiation and non-ionizing,.
    Cell phones use ionizing radiation and are not cancerous

• Tell your parents that you might as well not go outside because, you know, the sun emits a whole spectrum of light and phone signals are everywhere already. Even if it isn't your phone, others' phones' signals go everywhere.

• Viable excuse. I mean, cell phones do wreck havoc on the health of people, yet we keep using them, knowing they do.

Kind of like GAG, eh? Useless as hell, yet we still use it

What Girls Said 4

• There's no such thing as "bad brain waves signals" in a cellphone. That's just to scare u.

I understand how it is though cuz I grew up in a strict religion and was also homeschooled. My expastor was against us being on FB, having up to date cellphones because his own was like 5 years old, against us having really good looking clothes and hairstyles, etc. That life is over for me, thank God.

You'll either have to wait for your parents' iron grip to loosen up or wait it out til you're older and can make decisions for yourself.

• there are such things as wave signals that are bad for your brain, there's been proven results and i know its true but im still upset about it all

• its what i believe in because my parents do and there is proof. we all have different opinions i guess

• the reason they haven't discontinued is because these are simple things we use daily and these companies still need to make money.

• I wasn't allowed a phone until I was 16.
    I got a good phone technically but in reality mine sucks

• Get a headset! It will keep you from damaging your noggin and you can be safe having a cellphone. There are ear buds with built-in speakers for like 15 bucks.

• really? can u send me a link?

• At least that's what I heard for my dad and he really looks into things

• If that was the case, everybody would be dead. Your parents are probably just trying to scare you. And you do need wifi to surf the net on phones, if you don't want to pay extra money on data.

Just wait until you're older and buy yourself a phone. Or you can save up for an iPod or something like that. I was 18 when I got my first phone.

• when i say bad brain signals it doesn't mean itll kill you just that in the future you can get brain damage and stuff. theyre not trying to scare me, i know its true but im still upset about the situation

• ok well thanks for commenting anyways i dont know what i was thinking by posting this question

• No problem. An iPod touch is a good option too.