Why didn't the world end in 2012?

The Mayan calender said the world was to end. But it didn't. Why?

Thanks for the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• No the calendar didn't say it would end. It was just the fact that the calendar just stopped at 2012 and people wrongly assumed that it meant the end of the world.

• As well if i may. The Mayan calendar does not match up to our own since ours are based off of the Roman calendar. The Mayan calendars actually ended before 2012 came.

What Guys Said 17

• Maybe the secret government via "Torchwood" put a stop to it, or maybe "The Doctor" stopped it. Who the hell knows? It was merely a myth, prophecy or something stupid, predicted by some idiot (s)

• because
    1. actually the calendar didn't end in 2012
    2. no one said that the world will end when the calendar ends... and even if someone did, why would that be the case?

• Because I exist. I single-handedly prevented the world from ending with my awesomeness.

• Cause I conquered it

• All thanks to the dark lord cthulhu. Cthulhu knew that if the world ended that so would everyones suffering so he spared the world so that we suffer more

• Deez nuts 🙂

• Metaphorically it did

• Because I would not allow it, you're welcome.

• so somebody in the past made a calender that was supposed to go for "ever" so they made one that would go far beyond their livetime so that it seemed forever to them. we are just so stupid to assume the world would end, when this calender happened to end in the time of our lives.

• Because I'm still here

• Please find something better to do.

• Those Mexicans don't know shit about shit.

• Because they were quite obviously wrong

• Oh gee, some ancient fucking religious morons weren't right that the world was going to end? Who could have foretold THAT?

• just cause

• you seem to want for it to end... .

• Because we write or own destiny

What Girls Said 7

• Because in the Mayan tradition, the world wasn't supposed to end. The cycle was supposed to start over.

• SHIT! I just looked at my 2015 calendar and there's no January 2016, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!!!

• Cause it was a prediction and predictions can be wrong

• The Mayan calendar STOPPED in 2012... that's not the same thing as suggesting to people that the end of the world was 2012. Maybe they just decided to stop there because that tribe of people were moving somewhere else? Maybe they all got sick and died before they finished it? Maybe the never intended to continue to go past 2012 because they found a different calendar they preferred?

• Because we can't predict that.

• hahah! I KNOW! I WAS WAITING FOR It to END as well! lol

• It didn't want to ha ha joking. The calender just stopped.