What comes to mind when you think of alaska?

I have been living in Alaska all my life and was born here. And its crazy to me some of the things people think about Alaska. But I love hearing it. So what do you envision Alaska and its people are like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Big. Cold. Snow. Denali. Alpine meadows / lakes. Oil. Gold. Alaska Highway (to get there). Iditarod.

Throw in fishing. Both fresh water and commercial fishing. If I go to Alaska I'm bringing my fishing gear and backpack. :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• Cold, the year transitioning from 24 hours of daylight to 24 hours of darkness extremes, I was told there's like several times more men there but I just looked that up and that's not true, big mosquitoes in summer
    campthatsite.files.wordpress.com/.../image18.jpg
    that large earthquake, Eskimos, polar bears, sled dogs, glaciers, lots of fish, crabs and whales
    www.surfersam.com/.../whales.jpg
    beautiful country side (I bet nice in the summer)
    www.hdwallpaperscool.com/.../...zing-wallpaper.jpg
    and the northern lights
    in1.ccio.co/.../10625749090869567FLw6xQ7Wc.jpg

• Do you live in a city? Then it's like living in a small city in Canada, except with a harsher winter.

Now, if you live out in the wilderness and trap for a living, then it might be a bit more like Yukon Men on Discovery Channel.

But seriously, it's like living in the countryside anywhere else in North America, just with a more extreme climate (including summer).

• I think about all the amazing wildlife. I love seeing those nature shows that show the grizzly bears catching salmon when the salmon start to run upstream. I would love to visit Alaska some day.

• They cut you a check just to live there. That is an indicator of how enjoyable it is to be there lol.

• Just music from two artists. An alaskian band singing about the suicide rates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PSt73Uj_o

And a german song titled Alaska by Casper with the translated lyrics here: http://pastebin.com/ChwkQGwV

• I wouldn't want to live in the weather there.

• Snow, lots of snow!

• I think like, the major cities will still look kinda rural maybe, i can only compare it to a city in my state (flagstaff) maybe a lot of oil fields like on the simpsons, maybe a lot of mountains and grass but also cloudy as fuck, also melting glaciers

• Snow, cold and basically western Canada with US laws. I would imagine there are many people who can speak french there.

• huge, cold, lots of snow, fishing, bears...

sry I don't really know much about it. can't say how the people are

• I imagine they have a lot of dragons in Alaska. Oh and aliens.

• i think lots of dudes and no chicks.

• There are plenty of women. And most women here are quite unique.

• uhhh there are not plenty by percentage. its like 6-1 or something stupid like that.

• I think about a girl i know from gag :P

• Magicians 🙂

• Permafrost.

• From what i've seen on tv: cold mountain and cosy little cities.

• MOOSE. MEESE. MOOSES. MOSS.

• Snow. Much snow.

• Chris McCandless dying

• How much it's overblown on television.

Oh, and that it is both beautiful and deadly.

• It's beautiful in Alaska

• Nailin' Palin.

• Dense and bitterly cold forests

• I think about the book i have read about someone who went to Alaska and died there

• Alaska reminds me cold and wolves.

• Glaciers and Sarah Palin lol

• Beautiful scenery, would love to go someday

• Sarah Palin and long days and long nights

• Alaskan Bush People and those poor girls stuck up there in the bush,

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 21

• I think of the show Ice Road Truckers. And cold. I also believe you have times when it's dark all day? Though I could be wrong.

• In certain parts of Alaska during the winter it does stay dark most of the time. But in the month of June the sun is constantly up and people are out and about at like 3am because its as light outside as if it was noon.

• Lots of snow
    Mountains
    Beautiful scenery
    Bears
    Lakes
    Northern lights

• Snow. And very handy, down to earth people.

I might be so wrong.. never layed my foot even near to Alaska :)

• Somewhere freakin cold!

• Mostly just nature. I always love looking at pictures of the wildnerness in Alaska, it looks so beautiful. Also snow and moose.

• I think of Nature.

• The novel "Looking for Alaska" by John Green, which is about a girl called Alaska, and Mormons.

• Fish, penguins, ice, white, fishing boots... Eskimos!!😁
    And a serial killer. 😳😐

I think hey made a movie about it...

• The free 2000 dollars everyone who is staying there got.

• @NateInAK

Only cause we were talkin a bit today on kik tho. Missed that kid.

• Cold weather. And seafood.

• Whales is the first thing that comes to my mind haha I'd love to see them there, then I think about the cold weather

• Ummm I would imagine that you have to wear a snowsuit when you leave the house? :)

• Cold weather... Not a nice place to live, if you want to keep yourself warm and cozy

• Well the cold gives us an excuse to stay cozied up inside with a fire going, hot chocolate, and good company. Or to go play outside and build awesome snow forts

• Cold/ fridgid

• Snow.. Coldness, winter, no sunshine.. Or plants.

• Snow. Cold.

• Snow, snow and even more snow

• snooooooooooow <3 <3 <3
    and now i just remember the pic of a really skinny polar bear that looks just weak and tired and fed up with human stupidity and ignorance :(
    im depressed... i love bears, i love animals, i wish something would happen to fix things

• Resident Evil

• A nice cold snowy date under the northern lights, cuddled up with my husband and hot chocolate and Kitsune's around us with a small fire

as for the people? well very friendly and i'd like to know a few alaskans :)