Should I attach a letter to my application?

I'm applying for a position as a food runner at a hospital- basically that's what you do, you deliver food. As far as I know that's all you really do.

Its an entry level job that requires no certification. My experience includes cleaning hotel rooms and customer service.

I filled out a general application (its for all positions, you write in the one you're applying for. )

there's no place on the application for me to write a note. I'm thinking of attaching a small note because I'm afraid my application will not stand out at all and I desperately need a job. I also want to call a few days after I submit it and ask to speak to a manager cause that's what I usually do but considering that its a decent sized hospital I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're definitely on the right track. Attaching a letter (well written, no grammar or spelling erros) or at least a note will, like you say, make your application stand out. And absolutely find out who the person is who will actually be doing the hiring and call them. Being assertive (politely) is a big plus. Good luck and I hope you get the job.

What Guys Said 2

• Can't hurt to try, attach the letter and maybe find out from a non-decision maker (someone just at the front desk or whatever) what the name of the person in charge of hiring is, that way you can call and follow up with the right person.

Anything to set you apart and show that you're willing to do more than the minimum...

• Do it
    It's always good to get something extra from an applicant

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah why not?

• It can't hurt to include a cover letter as to why you are interested in the position (not just that you're desperate) and what experience you have that would aid you in this potential job.