Should what happens after you die really depend on how you live this life?

Let's say reincarnation or salvation are real. Is it ethically fair for the diety / cycle / universe, presuming it is cognizant, to judge your actions in this life and use them as fuel for how you live your next?

• Ethical
  • Unethical

Most Helpful Girl

• Not if they also created you to be that way, already know what you're going to do in this life, and make no effort to correct your behavior. That's just setting people up for failure.

Most Helpful Guy

• If its an infinite process and we just keep getting reincarnated then unless you're a shitty person in every reincarnation wouldn't everyone get to experience both good lives and bad lives.

Its only unfair if its a one time thing. Like I've heard people say that those who have easy lives now will have a harder time getting into heaven while those who suffer now will have an easier time getting into heaven.

Thats more unfair because heaven/hell is eternity. So if its really true that the miserable people have an easier time getting into heaven then the "blessed" are really fucked in the grand scheme. Temporary suffering for a better chance of eternal happiness is a better deal than temporary bliss with a higher chance of eternal suffering. I guess if you live a blessed life and also get into heaven then you get to have your cake and eat it too.

• So the smaller the sequence the less fair the scenario. I can see that being true. Though with an infinite chain the path away from hedonism doesn't make sense either. Why bother with divinity? This is especially true with situations involving the unattainable "standard of perfection". If you sin once it's equivalent to one million times the same.

• Exactly! Probably. I'm too hungry to philosophify.

• Well go eat something!

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so but...

• Should it? Absolutely.
    Does it? We will never know 🙄

• It's fair to be rewarded or punished by your actions I think.

What Guys Said 2

• You are judging the deity? How presumptuous of you!

• I think it's not about the Universe, Karma is like a gravitation... just a force of Nature.