Guys, how to avoid cutting?

how can you avoid doing self harm

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't fucking do it. Get a hobby and stop being so miserable. I don't know you, but I'm sure there are a lot more people that have it MUCH worse than you.
    Good luck.

• Very sorry to hear that. Really that's horrible I'm sure. But cutting isn't going to help ANYTHING. You're fifteen and I'm sure you've got lots to live for. Would he want you to harm yourself?

• ny dad meant world to me

• Mourning can take time but just don't hurt yourself about it. You need to talk to someone - either family or close friends, and/or a professional.

What Guys Said 11

• Find someone who understand you and talk to them. Someone you know is not going to be overly judgmental of your mishaps but will still try to help you out when you need it.

• I do I have a boyfriend but he don't know what to do

• Someone with more experience might be better. A trusted teacher or other adult maybe.

• As difficult as it is to talk to people about it, people not handling it well only makes it worse. You need to find someone that will listen to you and genuinely try to help you. Depending on your school, school counselors are a decent place to start. As for your boyfriend, if I have any advice for him is to support you for you and to be there when you need his help. My friends know that I am always on call if they ever need anything or just need to talk. If he truly likes you he will be there by your side throughout the whole thing and you two will both come out stringer on the other side. I wish you luck as I know there will be nights when you need it.

• www.7cups.com go here... and talk to people

• I've never experienced this or had friends who've done this, to my knowledge, so I really don't know.

Maybe try finding a hobby, like something physical. Exercising, running, kick boxing? Something that you can go to once you get bad feelings? Maybe try writing down what you're feeling when you get the urge to self harm. Talking to people would help, I think. That's what everyone says at least.

I hope some of that helps!

• Why are u asking guys

• by putting down the knife

• easy, when you think about it, instead of doing it... don't.

• its not always that easy

• where do you go where you are putting yourself in situations to possibly get kidnapped? how do you carry a knife to school?

• I don't carry one on me during school

• I don't know it's never crossed my mind lol. You need to talk to a professional.

• Say good morning to literally everyone everyday, no exceptions. Go out of your way to compliment them or greet them. Say it like you mean it, even if you have to pretend.

• Masturbation keeps my hands busy. Also fight club.

• The fear that I will go straight to hell and endure and eternity of pain and suffering.

• Don't do it. Get rid of all the knives within your reach.