Why do they say artists are sensitive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe because they are more open to emotions and feelings. then they can translate those into art. but of course it's not always true.

plus I think that many artists, and of course artists from many differing arts, have more difficulty expressing things with people than they do with their art, or they are less afraid to show it within their art compared to with people.

• wow that was quick!! lol thanks for MHO!

• And what kind of art do you create?

• No problem! im an artist myself and i never understood that "saying". But i do agree with BlueSJ i do have issues with expressing myself and my emotions. And i really do believe i have Alexithymia. Lol thanks

What Guys Said 2

• I could see that if you mean being emotional. A good art piece should have some emotion. Also, lots of artists use their work as an emotional outlet.

• Yup, probably because their job is to express feelings with creativity through their art, and they should know how to do that implicitly, seamlessly and accurately. Hence, people think that they are sensitive.

• van gogh cut off his own ear and sent it to his wife.

What Girls Said 2

• I never say that!

• Who says that?