Do you know any middle aged people who are terrible at their job?

Today at work we let one of our suppliers go because their representative is terrible at her job. She went crazy over an invoice when we hadn't even finished closing the month of November. She pissed off one of my co workers and the company president apparently. I was also shocked because I had to explain what a credit memo was straight off google and she still didn't get it. I was pretty surprised considering she seemed pretty green at her job and its probably a well paying adult job.

Do you know anyone who is midde aged that just sucks balls at their job to a level that it kind of wows you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a moron knows no age limits, sadly. I've worked with, and in some cases, managed people who just did not have their shit together whatsoever, despite being 45+. I think when we all first break out in the work world we think we just need a little experience and we'll be all good, but really, at the end of the day, it comes down to the person. Sometimes you see it coming based on their overall persona, other people seem totally normal and just amaze you with their ineptitude. I used to have this dishwasher at the bar/restaurant I managed named Geoff, who we called "C-Note" because he looked like Ben Franklin, if Ben Franklin was a homeless bro that lived under a bridge somewhere. This dude would work 12-5 on slow weekdays and STILL be way behind on dishes. Just yapping away being crazy and eccentric. He was entertaining to us, especially those slow days, but at some point I'd have to be like "C-Note, you washing any dishes at some point today, orrrrrr?" The GM had a soft spot for him though, so he kept his job. And I had a guy working as a retail merchandiser for me earlier this year, basically going to grocery stores packing out deliveries and straightening up the sections of our product. Great guy, seriously nice dude, but he was very heavyset due partly to recovering from an open heart surgery, and he said that he hoped to get exercise and lose weight doing this job. I was just "cool, sounds like a plan", but in my head I'm like "bro, this won't do shit for you, you need a gym membership." Anyway, he was very awkward in his movements, and even though the mind was willing, the body was unable. We have product at these discount supermarkets called PriceRite, and they just cut the boxes open and display them like that rather than a traditional, neat display. So I'm training him his first week, and we have these Jamaican water frackers that are a huge seller at this particular store, so we literally built a wall of these things with a hole cut out of the front to pull the bags from. Anyway, long story slightly less long, dude is putting the top one up, heavily panting at this point, and then he just trips and falls stepping off the stool he was on, and landed on his hands and knees. So I'm immediately like "oh no, are you ok?", but before I can even fix my mouth to say it, the whole front of the wall of boxes falls forward and just rains down on him. I felt so bad but it was hysterical at the same time. At least the boxes are light. Anyway, glad...

• ... he realized he was overmatched and quit a few weeks later, I don't know how I would have let him go, I would have felt terrible.

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably sucked all along. But then again most powerful positions in the world are filled with middle aged men and some women. Look where that has gotten us 🙄

What Guys Said 5

• Your going to see a LOT of these kind of people over the next 20-40 years lol...
    many that have jobs higher then you that don't know what the hell they are doing. Or have just stopped caring. All you can do is do the best job you can and hope people pay attention. usually the worst workers have "IN's " where they know someone higher up and are protected. It is way worse in government jobs.

• Ummm quite a few lol You wonder how the hell they got there... must have been some major butt kissing?

• Pretty much all of them...

• Pretty much all people who work at walmart lol

• Yes I know a few and like you I won't do business with them.

What Girls Said 3

• My mom worked for this company and the management was slack, petty, and overall terrible bitches who sucked at their job.
    They engaged in gossip, didn't stock the office, and had been there for years!
    It was so insane.

• Maybe she needs hrt or something. She sounds pretty unbalanced. Just because someone has reached a certain age does not mean that their conduct is always appropriate. You'd like to assume but no. Who knows what her problem was?

• How did she even get hired in the first place?