On a job application, should I put 'yes' or 'no' on "willing to relocate" and "willing to travel"?

I'm applying for a job at State Farm online and these two questions pop up. I don't know if I should put "yes" to both or only one of them since I go to college and do my extracurriulars.

• Yes to both
  • Yes to only one of them
  • No to both
  • Other suggestions

Most Helpful Girl

• only if you are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Answer truthfully. You have to ask yourself the question, not us. If you are in college it sounds like you can't relocate unless you are willing to drop college. Travel can mean almost anything, but I think in the context you should assume fairly extensive travel. If you aren't sure about that one, maybe say yes to travel. That will give you a slightly better chance of staying in the running until you find out more detail.

I'm not sure why someone at State Farm would travel unless it's as an adjuster, or maybe a regular agent who has a large rural territory.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I suppose the best thing to do, would be to mark 'yes' for travel but 'no' to relocate.

• Put yes to whichever you are willing/able to do. If you plan on remaining at the job after college you could put yes, and then explain if it comes up in the interview that you can't do so for a year or whatever your timeline might be.

• I'd only put yes to either of them if you are actually willing to move.

• Answer honestly. We can't tell you what to do.