Have you ever encountered a gang member?

What happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did as a kid because the neighborhood I lived in was sort of gang terrorist not a good place to be robberies, kidnappings etc by the time I moved out things were getting pretty bad around there pretty much our version of the hood. Needless to say even though I live on the other side of town now I never leave the house unarmed after dark.

• dang I had no idea that 8t would be bad down there

• understandable

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. I live in Chicago, I've grown up in poor neighborhoods. Aka the ghetto. Still here.
    Sometimes they ignore you, and sometimes they talk shit. When it's a large group, they're more likely to talk shit.
    I've been jumped before because I was wearing the wrong colors, colors of the rival gang. I love to wear black. And apparently black with anything represents a different gang. And there are unfortunately more gangs than colleges in Chicago. So if you wear black with anything, you're most likely gonna piss off at least one gang.

Point is, they asked if I was from the other gang. I said no. I don't gang bang. They told me to never wear it or go through there again. I told them it's my work uniform and I have to go through there to get to work. They said they didn't care. And I said well, me neither because none of them were gonna pay my bills. So the girl throws a punch at me. And I punched her back. Then we got somewhat into a fight but all the other guys and girls jumped in. Luckily, a car was passing by and nearly ran them over. So they got scared and ran away. This lady had some cojones lol and she was my guardian angel.
    They had weapons and they threw a bat at her car.

I've had few run ins with gangs. And I will just say they are pathetic and I don't like them.

What Guys Said 8

• Ya... All the time... I said whats up... He said nothin much... They r people too, and most people dont just start shit for no reason

• Yup, and I saw a guy who was obviously flying colors and tatted up (prison tattoos). Both of my parents were cops and the signs are pretty obvious most of the time. I walked past him and went on my way. Most of the time people don't really want to start shit, just give them a wide berth, these are not people you want to get involved with. There is a reason you don't see many old gang bangers.

• Many times, within my culture they're more money driven than anything. They aren't like those street thugs you see on tv where they start trouble just cause you're there. They do not cause trouble publicly, but instead they do it privately.

• Not really no... Gang or no gang, if they don't respect me i don't respect them

• Yea,
    Nothing memorable

• thankfully not. I've lived in the good parts of town!

• Yes, too many times

• I bent him over and showed him who's boss.

What Girls Said 3

• I think I have but I was quick to get out!

• I STAY around them negros 😂😂
    From what I hear my biological father was a part of the "Crips." So are my uncles, brothers, and cousins, ex boyfriend, and I have some other friends part of "BDK."

• have I known people yes and and stayed the hell away from them. .