So I'm thinking to move to US in near future, so where to go?

What are the best places to live in US in terms of quaity of people, life cost and safety?

Most Helpful Girl

• why are people saying california? definitely DON'T move there. The cost of living is insane. I'd say southern states are better, but maybe thats because I'm a new englander

• Thank you so much for this info, really needed this

• your welcome! california is definitely a gorgeous place to live, like connecticut and new york, that's why all the rich people flock their and they're the most expensive states

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't just move to america. most countries, especially the usa is damn near impossible. you need to find a sponsor and a working visa. I don't know all the specifics, though. but granted you somehow do obtain all of the necessary paperwork, it depends on what you're looking for. price points, weather, atmosphere, city size and space, etc. each state is different and each county within the state is different as well. quality of life and cost effectiveness is subjective. i live in a small town with low crime rate, but we also have lots of wild animals like bears. out west you have coyotes. you have to give more information in what you'd want.

• i would like to live in a city where:
      - girls are nice, sweet and beautiful
      - there is safety in streets until late night
      -lots of places to having fun either day or night
      -rent and food are not expensive
      -quality of air, lots of trees and parks with rivers or ponds
      -traffic can be intense, but there should be a good transport system to go whenever and wherever i want
      -pace of life is slow, and not frenetic

• we need to know what type of field because if you do banking, charlotte and raleigh and new york are where you wanna go. ifyou like tech, silicone valley is where you need to be. if you do oil, you're moving to houston. fashion is new york, miami or los angeles. you don't move to kansas to do fishing. you don't move to montana

anyways, there only 10 cities over 1 million. you'd have to be more flexible than that. a lot of people live outside the cities as well. but out of the choices, you have ca knocked out cause of the expense. you have 2 or 3 more cities knocked out cause nyc, philly and chicago get fucking cold. and if you can't do hot, you probably won't move to any other big city cause the others (they're all in texas) reach upwards of 100f (37c+). so you'd have to compromise on something.

they all have city stuff... that's why it's a city

tbc

• most cities are paired. like the twin cities, dallas/ft worth/arlington, raleigh/durham, miami/ft lauderdale, the triad (charlotte/high point/winston salem), boston/foxbroro

i don't get the "social bond" thing. you get just as much in a small town or a regular sized city. it doesn't matter. and like i said, most people travel and drive so you aren't missing out or anything. and the dynamics of cities are a lot different. cities here are sprawling. you can live in a city and not in a city area. my sisters live in houston and they live right by farms. unless you have serious bank, you aren't living in the downtown area. most cities don't look like manhattan. they look like this
      www.goodpursuits.com/.../...kirts-of-Newcastle.jpg

and when you move, you can't exactly choose where to go. you need a family member, to marry an American chick or get your job to sponsor you. but if you had the option, charlotte only fits your criteria the most. but the there are tons of cities out there i've never heard of or know about. the place is massive

What Girls Said 4

• I think LA?

• I'd like to know that too.. lol

• That would be Urtah for all of those things, as long as you aren't looking for a big city lifestyle.

• 1.5 million is damn fine, big enough for me

• Awesome. It's a pretty awesome city if you ask me. So beautiful and really nice people.

• CA , Alabama, etc

What Guys Said 7

• San Diego is the best place in US, no arguments against this pure truth are valid lol. The problem is there are like no jobs there.

• My city Salt Lake City, UT is really good all around between climate, things to do, people, cost of living, economy, outdoors, clean, low crime, etc. It's a really nice city.

• They have NBA and MLS pro teams

• It amazes me how people are prepared to flood into the US when it's dying on its knees. It's losing its economic powerhouse status to the BRIC nations! It has so many social problems and is gripped by the brutal effects of climate change.

I can understand wanting to leave the UK for Australia, New Zealand or countries in the BRIC nations that will replace the US as the world's next superpowers but the US? I don't see any sense in that.

• There are so many choices it hard to give suggestions. Do you have any criteria for your ideal city or town? Do you want lots of sun or a colder climate? etc

• - girls are nice, sweet and beautiful
      -rent and food are not expensive
      -pace of life is slow, and not frenetic

• MINNESOTA!!! It's awesome here, Honestly!

• Arizona, Texas, New Mexico! Places like these on what's called "the Sun Belt" have high qualities of life! Also LA or Charleston, South Carolina are really nice but so expensive!!

• Uhh if it was me then probably Cleveland, Minnesota or Miami.

• Miami is a bit expensive isn't it? I have heard lots of very very rich people from Puerto Rico and Caribean in general lives there.

• I have no clue lol. I've never been to Miami it just looks so cool. I've only been to Cleveland and Minnesota

• Stay at home to be safe. Any town or city can have someone going crazy or fanatic , buy an assault rifle, 1000 rounds of ammo and shoot 10 or 20 persons to persuade America.