Do you think transexualism is wrong/a defect?

I personally don't think it's "wrong", I just feel that it's most definitely a defect.

I also find all these "genders" and "sexualities" very confusing and alarming.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see an issue with it. It's their bodies, if they don't feel themselves and think they should be the opposite gender then that's their choice and they're fully able to make it.

• Sure. Can you say the same thing if a 4 to 6 year old wants to change sex?

• It's their lives.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem here is with words. A 'defect' only makes sense in relation to an assumed purpose. A hammer is defective if the head drops off because you can't hammer with it. People don't have a purpose.

'Wrong' is only meaningful with respect to some moral code and this is almost entirely subjective. You can define 'wrong' so it includes transexualism and you can define it so it doesn't. It's all up to you.

• B-but magic holy book says...

• @Surfofthenomad

Now, now, just take your meds and go back to the TV room.

What Girls Said 3

• no i don't!

• What if it was a step into evolution? :D

• Not wrong, not a defect, born this way baby.

• Lol you just contradicted yourself.

If you were "born this way" then surely something must have gone wrong during your development.

• You born with the idea of being different XD 😂😂

Don't mind me, I want points

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, I think it's a mental defect.
    Unless you were born a hermaphrodite and the doctor snipped your penis, so you were literally a guy in a womans body then yes it is a mental issue.