When does a midlife crisis start and why?

yesterday was my birthday (39 years old) and I look at my life, and for the most part, I think I did ok for myself (got my Bachelors, among other certificates), volunteered with federal, state, and local agencies. Had a few jobs which didn't long. But I still managed to survive. I dont have a desire for a faster or more expensive car, I dont have the desire for a bigger house, my only desire is a good relationship. Is that my midlife crisis? wanting something for years which I never got?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not a midlife 'crisis'. You're finally realizing what you really want and sticking to it. Not everyone experiences a midlife crisis and I think it's unfair to assume that it'll happen to everyone. If you are satisfied with your accomplishments in life, then more power to you. Now that you want a good relationship, work on making that happen. Good luck 😊.

What Girls Said 2

• I think its starting!

• No I don't think that is midlife crises. It's something a lot of people ranging from young adults and up, look for.

What Guys Said 1

• It starts when you decide to do something crazy

• I don't have a desire for motorcycles, or those convertibles. never had the taste for danger (even though I do it on the daily with my other gig for free)

• I'm guess you don't know what a midlife crisis is