Is an old man kissing my cheek cheating?

I work in a mall with regular customers that I see all the time and know well, mostly old folks.
one of these old men kissed my cheek when we shook hands.

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally I think cheating would involve some kind of romantic or sexual interest from you. That doesn't sound like your intent. As for his intentions he may just have kissed your cheek as a way to show respect to you. There are also many guys, old too, that will use being old as a way to make a kind of sexually gratifying act seen appropriate or justifiable to an attractive lady. It's really hard for me to know based on limited information. I would pay attention to his body language to try and understand him but of course you may not know how he feels for sure.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• no it's not cheating

• Hehe it's not

• It's a common expression among older folks.

It is most likely just a greeting.

• No. There's your answer.

• no its not man can kiss just friends ( woman) on the cheeks when they greet them...

• Not really, in a lot of cultures kissing on the cheek is just a sign of friendship. Even in America I kiss my friends' wives on the cheek when I see them, its just something I do give them a hug and kiss on the cheek, now a kiss on the lips would be a little weirder but the cheek can generally just be seen as friendly.

• In some cultures it's common and is not sexual.

• Uh oh, now your boyfriend is going to have to fight him.

• Really?

• Yes, really! Tell your boyfriend what happened so he can go kick his ass.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't say so, it's more so just a greeting.

• No, I don't consider that as cheating.

• Many cultures kiss each other's cheeks as a greeting and see it no different to shaking hands.

• No it was just a lovely gesture

• No. It also depends on your culture.