Is it an effective quick, and painless way to kill an animal who is badly injured using carbon monoxide?

is it an effective quick, and painless way to kill an animal who is badly injured using carbon monoxide by enlosing him in a box and hokking him up to an axahust pipe? from my car? how long will it take, should I put him in at first or after the car has been running 10, 15 20 minuts?

but give me specific answers to the question on this method people

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean it would work, but we usually go by throat cutting or calling a vet clinic or wildlife service to potentially save it.
    Depends on the size of the animal and the box as to how long it would take.

• I'm trying to kill it painlessly, what the heck you mean by throat cutting?

• Knife to the arteries in the throat, the animal is dead within seconds. When we were killing our own food on the farm that's how we did it. However, I'd take it to a vet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Back when there was a lot of controversy about clubbing baby seals the Canadian Government sponsored a program to determine if there was a more humane way to cull them. They tried gassing and injecting and shooting, all with electrodes hooked up to measure brain activity. Turned out hitting them on the head with a club caused the least pain. They went unconscious immediately.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• It would be better to take it to a veterinarian

• they dont take wild animals

• Uhm, why don't you just let it live?

• Its badly injured it seems

• That's no reason to kill it, unless you did it yourself.