What do you think is a good life expectancy for a laptop?

I had a few older HP's which had the harddrive die in 3 to 3 1/2 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe 5 years or more if taken care of properly?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much you use it and how well you can take care of it. I have a 10-year-old cheap Chinese laptop that still works, but I take it apart and clean it thoroughly every year and I switched out the HDD for an SSD a while back.
    I switch the HDDs on all my computers and servers every 5 years because that's when they usually start failing, but they're in use 24 hours a day, almost every day of the year. HDDs should have a much better life expectancy if you don't use them that often, sometimes 10 years or more. I can recommend Seagate. Samsung is also great, but they don't manufacture hard drives anymore.

• Most of them are made in China. :P Why would you want to use it though and why did you get that?

• I'm aware that virtually all electronics are produced in China. I meant that it's from some cheap Chinese company. I got it because I needed it for a job back then and I kind of became attached to it.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 6

• My laptop passed the 9 year mark in August

• I had a laptop that died after 5 years. Tje screen broke

• My laptop so far has lasted 4 years although, it can't really play any modern games that aren't Visual novels, although I can play Skyrim at low quality, but that game is 4 years old

• I tried running the Battlefield beta on my laptop... and yeah... didn't go so well. I think they made it in June, 2013 but it's not a super high-end gaming laptop so it wouldn't run something that's so advanced.

• I dunno, cuz it's a good story, and isn't just kill the other millitary, there's more to it then that

• Medal of Honor had great storylines. Frontline is easily one of my Top 5-10 favorite games ever.

• Depends on what you do to it. 3 computer years would be like reaching 80.

• i think 4 to 5 years you should change it

• 3 to 4 years