True or False: Intelligence itself is not nearly as important as what you do with it?

No matter how high your IQ is or how smart you think you are, unless you are out there doing something great and note worthy in the world (or at least making a shit ton of money) Then you are wasting it?
Guess the same could be said with any talent.

• True
  • False
  • Being snarky is a great use of intelligence!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Intelligence is nothing more than potential energy.

It is all about how it is used!

What Girls Said 6

• TRUE TRUE!

• This is true. You could know the book back and forth, but until you've applied your knowledge, it will never be as good.

• So many energies go misdirected, not always evil or lazy in intent. Even the brightest people can be discouraged. Depression is common among intelligent people.

• Well, someone with high iq usually does great things so..

• Completely true !

• Of course. There's plenty of super smart and ridiculously talented bums out on the street. What is their intelligence or talent doing for them? Absolutely nothing, because it's not being properly utilized.

What Guys Said 10

• Heck yea it's true. A high IQ doesn't mean a thing unless you do something with it. A person with an IQ of 80-90 can be WAY more successful than someone with an IQ of 180. High intelligence is nothing but a tool that gives you an edge.

It's the same as any other attribute like personality, drive, ambition, hard working, social skills, physical skills, creativity, etc. You gotta have the right combination of different things and put it to use.

If you went to a job interview and said "I have an IQ of 180". They'd answer "So? I'm not interested in your IQ. I want to know what you have to offer this company."

• If you had an iq of 180 you should only be doing a job that required you to have an iq of 180.

• You should be doing what makes you happy even if it only requires an IQ of 50. Besides I doubt if any jobs exist that require 180 or anything close to that. It might be helpful but not required.

• And you would be wrong, thats rocket scientist range.

• Some of the most intelligent people I know drifted through life without having to work at it for years... then hit something which would actually require effort and rather than try, did somethign else. Its a fairly common issue. High ability combined with a backwards education system which rewards the middling students and disengagues the gifted and the slow, ressults in people with high IQs who dont learn to work at anyhting untill they end up in a minimum wage job.

• I'm not sure what "wasting" means in that context.

• Wasting as in going to waste by not getting used, its pretty moot since i believe most people that brag about their vast intelligence all the time are most likely full of shit anyway.

• Not as great or noteworthy as curing cancer or discovering a new viable energy source would be.
      And making money and scoring women are amongst the grandest of human pursuits in my humble opinion lol

• If you're joking? Comedy. If you're serious? Tragedy.

Can't tell. Be well.

• Very true, how you utilize your intelligence defines who you are.

I have an IQ of 160+ tested isometrically, and my opinion is, it's how you think that makes you a genius, not how much you understand.

• To use your intelligence to be self-destructive and or to be destructive is counterproductive and evil, to use your intelligence to create a better world and to bring up the people around you to new heights, that my friend is the essence of what it means to be a genius, to be a creative force for the betterment of all mankind.

• Yeah i know, even Einstein thought it was more important to be creative.

• Aye, and talking from his intellectual perspective, I can agree.

• Yeah that sounds true. Its always sad when people don't use their talents..

• in dating and sex, it is counterproductive. Lower IQ -> higher sex partner count. You can google up studies about this.

• Yeah lower IQ guys can lack self awareness, girls can mistake that for confidence or something.
      there's perks for just about anything, if you look hard enough.

• Gotta use it smart

• for all those claiming this to be true, take a field trip to a prison.

• as stupid as they are for doing the crimes, some have pulled off some big jobs.

• If they pulled off spectacular jobs, got rich, and never got caught that would be something.

• No I disagree for multiple reasons which I do not have the patience to write

• false, only a person who lacks intelligence would make such a comment. intelligence is a great tool, BUT, only when the person accompanies it with humane values, altruism, and a sense of diachronical continuity.