How to stay sober while drinking?

I have got a challenge with my friends, and we are gonna drink beers for half-an-hour. I know it's crazy, but hey, it's a challenge. Is there anyway to not lose my wits while getting drunk. I want to stay stable on my feet, not smell and stay conscious. It's is difficult, I know, but do you have any trick?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like: "Hey I am going out with my friends and we are gong to smash our hands with hammers for half an hour. I know it's crazy, but hey, it's a challenge. Is there any way to smash my hand with a hammer over and over and not have it hurt?" There is this little thing called cause and effect. Anybody taking up drinking g"challenges" is a fool.

• I don't think so. It's fun. :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Eat beforehand and during.

• Yeah, gonna follow it already. :D

What Guys Said 6

• Isn't 'drinking' and 'staying sober' contradictory to each other? I mean... I'm not sure, because I never drink.

• Yes, it is. But even after drinking, I want to remain my usual self. So, I was wondering if anyone knows how to do it.

• I suppose it depends on the individual. Some people become tipsy after a few sips, while others remain stable even after consuming several bottles.

It all depends on how your body reacts to the alcohol, and I don't suppose it's possible to 'change' that.

• beer is pussy shit. eat a lot of food, preferably something starchy like bread to absorb the alcohol. but beer is like 3% alcohol and y'all are doing it for only 30 minutes (idk why y'all are challenging each other). like, is there any challenge? how do you win?

• Umm no. I dont get the game either. Drink beer for 30mins. Ok whay next. And no when you drink. you get drunk. The only thing you can do. is drink 1 beer over the whole 30 mins

• Eat bread.

• I have heard that yeast lessens the effect.

• Eat a lot of food beforehand ;)

• All depends on our weight. Also if you have a full stomach when you drink. Heavier people can drink more without feeling the effects, while lighter people can't

• I am underweight, so I think that I am gonna get tipsy quickly.

What Girls Said 3

• I know that in the host clubs in Japan, where they are basically being paid for drinking with you, they make themselves throw up. It's disgusting but I suppose it works..

• I mean if you ingest enough alcohol you will get drunk. Drinking slowly and drinking plenty of water and eating a full meal prior can slow the effects, but if you're drinking you will get drunk.

• Yes, I have read about this method. I am going to eat a lot and drink water a lot. Peeing does help.

• I am just scared of going home, drunk. My parents will be there. :P

• Act sober. It isn't hard tbh

• Drink water every now and then.