How much should I have in my bank account at age 21?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have any debt you're doing okay...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, I'm 19 and I only have $3K in mine, but I've been saving up since my freshman year of high school for a trip to France (which looks like will happen much later than I originally thought =( ). Basically though, most people around our ages don't have much.

• Why are you saying "only"? You don't think it's a decent amount?

• I'm at 3k

• Yay! Combined we make $6K!

What Guys Said 5

• Ceo/10kday

• As long as you don't have much debt or student loans, you should be okay. There's no set amount of money someone should have at a certain age. Some people are just lucky enough to find a good, decent paying job and/or secured job to be able to save plenty of money. I should know because I was extremely lucky to be where I am right now. Keep at it and eventually you'll get a break yeah?

• Based on your age? LOL It's based on the job you hold or finances you manage, not so much how old you are.

• I make $11 an hour 25 hours per week

• Let's see - I think I was making 8 or 9, maybe even 10 bucks per hour 40 hours a week at that age. So, you're in about the same boat as I was or a little behind. Remember, you're working 25 hours. I was working 40. That's a good 15 hours difference.

• Aslong as you don't have debts you are okay! I know people who are 30 and never worked. Its normal..

• I have a little bit of school loans -_-

• "school loans".. I see. Well depends who you loaned from. If its from parents or family you can tell them to keep their christmass and birthday presents and that they use that money to pay back your loans. I did that too

• $500,000 at least.

What Girls Said 1

• depends on how much do you need.