If you were Jack in the Titanic, what would you have done differently in order to get him to survive along with Rose?

Most Helpful Guy

• Swim for one of those lifeboats that was half empty. Or if Rose had gone with her family like she was supposed to, she would've survived and so would Jack since he could use the floating board for himself.

Anyway, Jack wasn't meant to survive. It's always women and children first, nobody gives a shit if the men die, either now or back then.

• "nobody gives a shit if the men die, either now or back then"
      Not that but you would have to blame it on 1,000+ years of basic history of evolutionary biology. As much as it sucks, it you let an even number of men and women survive, there will be less birth, less future children than if slightly more women survive. That less number of men that survived would be able to get all those women pregnant while it's not the same vice-versa. Biology can sometimes be cruel.

• @Vesuvius87 those women will still be selective in their mating partners and thus those men will not ''be able to get all those women pregnant'' anyway. Furthermore, even if there are more women than men, that still won't stop any genetic defects to creep in due to lowered genetic docersity.

And not to be sexist but it's highly likely that most men on the titanic had worthwhile jobs like technicians and construction workers and what not. Better a mechanic survice than a nanny.

Most Helpful Girl

• That spoiled bish could have moved over. That giant door was big enough for 2 people with some balance technique -_-

• @Lightspeed-Lemon I think girls are more drawn to the daring, romantic adventure of it all! Especially the part where he draws her naked. It's such a tasteful, intimate seen that wasn't all about sex. *dreamy sighs* Oh, Jack.

• That's what I'm saying! Heck, he could have laid on top of her if he had to.

What Guys Said 8

• I haven't seen Titanic. Let the lynching begin!
    49.media.tumblr.com/...m85e0xJ6CZ1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• If I was in that situation I would have seriously killed anybody who tried to stop me from getting in a boat. Lol look up the Costa Concordia I think many men today would do the same.

• Haven't seen the movie but if I knew what was coming, i'd just stay home and Netflix and chill

• You got in the boats in the first place, the way Rose survived was very optimistic.
    Most of the people who fell in the water still died from hypothermia even after they were pulled into the boats, since it took hours for the rescue ships to come.

• North Atlantic at that time of year you wouldn't last 15 minutes in the water

• Took turns sharing that damn piece of driftwood, tried to find another one instead of holdind hands till death.

• try harder to get up on the door

• Steal Mr. Lovejoy's gun "I'm getting off this ship one way or another"

• I would have thrown Rose from up the boat into the water and then got myself up on a boat.

No thats a joke.

What Girls Said 7

• 3|3
  • Found another floatie.. I would've been pissed though cuz she jumped out of that lifeboat with her mom. I would've grabbed something I can float on and attach myself to her boat. BAM! We live, make babies, grow old and die together

• We would've alternated. Instead of just letting Rose stay on the board the whole damn time. I would've woken her ass up like "listen Rose, we're gonna have to take turns or something dude. It's cold as shit in this water!"

• Get on the door. Find other wreckage to rest on while floating in the ocean.

• Take turns on that door!

• I would have got on that f*cking door, along with her. huh

• shit I don't know