Which race do you think has the best hair genetics?

Taking into consideration the styleability, resistance to balding, quality.

• Asians
  • Blacks
  • Hispanics
  • Caucasian
  • Hispanics
  • Middle eastern
  • Other/answers

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have enough info to answer this, and I think styling depends on what you're doing. Very straight hair tends to be harder to get into curled styles or braided styles, without the help of accessories and such. But I'm tempted to say Asians have the strongest hair, and black people have the weakest hair, in terms of resistance to breakage.

I'm black and I love my natural hair too much, but that's one thing I would change. I have an Asian friend who dyes her hair all the time, straightens once a week, sometimes twice, and still has hair that at least appears strong and healthy. I wouldn't have much hair if I did all that lol I have very kinky, curly, afro textured hair, which I love, but it's the most fragile hair out there and if you want it to be long, you have to be more delicate with it than any other hair type. Prone to breakage, which can keep your hair from getting long if you don't know what you're doing.

Not sure about balding. I’ve seen balding in all groups, and I haven’t looked into the stats, as I said. Black women can do a number on their hair because of all the shit we do to it sometimes, but I'm not sure of any genetic predisposition to balding otherwise.

I do think white people tend to experience greying hair earlier.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends because there are many factors that make hair great. When it comes to having healthy, full hair I think black people have the advantage (it's just a guess though) but they are at a disadvantage when it comes to managing and styling hair. When it comes to color, white people win hands down - no other race has so many different shades and colors. But they are prone to balding. Asians are said to have thick hair resistant to balding, I have no idea if that's true. Perhaps each race has both pros and cons when it comes to hair.

What Girls Said 5

• I think black people do, when they take care of it. Not all of us have "nappy", short, broken off hair. When we stop relaxing it and putting weaves in our hair, it can grow to be long and thick. It's only the case for some black girls because they refuse to be patient and to let it grow out.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bc9c05ad36.jpg

I mean, look at all they ways we can wear it. We can wear it "natural", we can straighten it out, we can wear braids. Twists.

That's just my opinion though.

Also I think Middle Eastern women have great hair. So long and thick. Beautiful. :)

• I am a black girl but to me , it seems that Asians have the higher resistance. I mean they could be all 90 and not have a single patch , just all white , growing , healthy hair. Love it <3

• We Middle Eastern girls have Great Hair 8)

• None what does this have to do with anything?

• The asker has their reasons for asking. It's an interesting question by the way @asker

• ((Not a reply))
      The reason why I was negative towards this was because of g@g not able to handle racial questions, it always turns into a competition or someone metions a racial insult.

Anyway when it comes to health I think that black and asiantic races have it best. I've seen so many black and indian women with healthy thick hair that lasts.

• I'll say Asian. I've loved the look of my friend's hair for years, always pretty.

What Guys Said 12

• None of them, i choose Gorillas. They are the species with the best Hair, I mean have you seen them.

• Yikes. I think cows have amazing hair. Especially fluffy show cows. Have you seen them? Lol heavenly locks of cutenes

• 2c -3b hair types range from wavy curly to curly twirly last time I checked all races can poses these types but they are more frequent in Mediterranean people and least in Asians

• Asians, simply because less likely to get male pattern baldness

• Asians are least likely to get hair loss diseases true fact.

• Asians probably has the best quality / aging stuff, but I prefer white because of the variety.

• i gave it to Asians. This is their domain

• I think hispanic women have the best hair.

• Brazilians/Indians since their hair is bought the most.

• Being half Asian and half Caucasian I am pleased with this outcome haha.

• Think Asians and black people, also I see a lot of times that old Asians still have hair.

• Asians tend have awesome hair, especially guys. It grows spikey looking and just looks badass.

• Caucasians because they have the most variety.

• Asians and blacks all have roughly the same hair, they can't handle it.