Average height men and women, Have you ever felt tall?

Well, I'm average height or a little over it (5'6), and there has been times I've been in a room full of women , only to realize I'm the tallest there.

I should not be feeling that tall when I'm average!

Average height of a woman : 5'4
Average height of a man: 5'10
(Wow, these numbers changed slightly... they were different a few years ago but I just recently looked them up).

Most Helpful Guy

• A few times, but most of the time I just feel average. Mostly the times I notice I difference in height is when someone shorter calls me tall. I am 5'10 and that is average in the united states. I often see guys much shorter than me claiming I am tall, and while I do see this as a compliment, I don't feel tall.

The only times I have really felt tall was when I was dating a girl that was a full foot shorter than me. That made me feel like a freakishly awkward giant at times.

Most Helpful Girl

• im 5'3 and i have felt a little tall before because some of my friends are shorter. but i think the reason why there are so many different (and shorter) heights is because there are so many different people in america coming from all around the world so not everyone matches the average criteria

What Guys Said 22

• Have I felt tall before?

Well, I am 6'4 almost. I feel tall often haha. I don't really think about it though when I go into a room. I guess I've gotten used to it. 😅

• when i was in thailand the average height of men is shorter than american's overall. so i felt slightly tall

• At 5'11, there are times when I feel tall, but also most of the time when you realise that people are getting taller.

• 5'7" bit short for North American avg and bit short for European avg. But I never had problems with my height, I can do most things, only not being able to reach tall shelves.

• Nope, can't say I ever have felt tall.

• Well, yes. I'm a bit short, 5'7", but when I was in sixth grade (12 years old) I was the tallest person in the class.

• I thought average was 5'3? for women
    No I am usually the short one I am only 5'7

• 6'1", but most people my age including me aren't done growing yet so that makes me tall. But I'm so used to it that I don't pay attention to it anymore.

• Wow.
      Even if you were done growing you'd still be considered tall.
      The average height of a fully adult male is 5'10.

• Well, yeah, true, but it's not that far from 5'10", that's why I clarified.

• Well i am tall haha.

• No I haven't and I'm good with that. I'm 5'4" by the way.

• Average height for genders would be change by each religion... But I think ur height is good for women. Even it count be little tall

• I'm 1.85 cm, the doctor said I'm gonna be 1.95 so I was like hell no Im gonna starve so I don't grow that hard. Guess it work ^^

• I'm 5'10, but I'm still growing because I'm 15.
    At times I've felt kind of short, but most of the time I've felt like I was average and average tall.

• I am 6' 2", I feel taller than most people, but I don't feel freakishly so.

• Yeah i feel tall for my age, im 6ft 1.

• werent they shorter for men same for women?

• Yes 5'9 used to be the average height of a man.
      5'5 was the average height if a woman

• I don't know about that but tall chicks are hot

• Yes when I was on stilts.

• Yeah 6' tall

• Never felt too tall, nor too short.
    6' 1" is a nice height

• i am 5'11'' so very very tall :)

• In the Home Depot I'm normally feel like one of the tallest there lol

What Girls Said 21

• I'm 5'4.

I felt tall at my old job. I was the tallest employee until they hired guys. They made me lift all the things and get the stuff off the top shelves. Which is odd because I had to climb only one less shelf than they did to get the stuff - still had to climb lol

I don't normally feel tall. I am a midget in a land of giants where I live.

• Yes, especially when after a teacher asked the guys to do a thing and they pretended to not hear it, I was their second choice. It sounded like "A tall guy... *zero sound**teacher points out at me*". Now, in my current class, I'm in the middle, but I'm still taller than the shortest guy in class. 😛💁😂
    Getting into high school made me realise I'm not some kind of giant. 😂

• I'm 5'10" so I pretty much always feel tall - except from when I'm in Amsterdam, I'm pretty much right about average for women there 😛

• I'm 5'5. I only feel tall when I'm with people a lot shorter than me xD

• I am 5"6 I've never felt short, most of the time just above average, sometimes around some women I feel tall.

• I'm super tall at 6'1". I'm always either the tallest person in the room or one of the tallest.

• I'm 5'4"and usually seem to be the smallest person in any room but my boyfriend is 6'4" and usually the tallest so he tells me what's going on in the croud. lol.

• Is that the global average?

• LMAO me felt tall? nope never :'( :'( i'm just 5'3

• I'm 5'7 so I guess I am quite tall. Some of my friends are below average in height so times like that I have felt tall

• i'm about the same height as you and felt that way before
    it depends on where i live and who i normally surround myself with

• No, not really. I'm 5'5 ft and I feel quite small, unless I'm wearing really big stilettos, then I feel like I'm at a great height, which is kind of like cheating.

• I have a few friends who are quite short, which obviously makes me feel taller, however I prefer to feel shorter if anything. I'm 5'5 by the way

• I am 5'6", and throughout high school I was usually the shortest person in my grade. However, now in college, I am among the tallest of my friends, which is refreshing, haha!

• I'm just barely over 5'1" and have never felt tall but I love my height.

• I always feel tall. I'm always one of the tallest in the room at 5'11 lol.

• I'm 5'6" and there have been a few times I've felt taller but overall I feel average.

• Well I'm 5'0... So no.

• Nah, I just feel tall when there's shorter people around me haha. i'm 5'3

• Hahaha, I've never felt tall. I'm pretty much always the shortest.

• I have felt this, too! It changes depending on where I move to. Like one place in the south I felt tall, but on the east coast I was average, west coast kind of short.