Could people ever really live on the moon?

Could people ever really live on the moon?

• Yes
    33% (4)70% (14)56% (18)Vote
  • No
    67% (8)30% (6)44% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|9

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah as long as they have internet.

1|1
    0|0
    • Internet would probaly be pretty easy to get on the right side of the moon.
      But its people living on the moon, i'm sure their technology is gonna be pimpin'!

• Yeah maybe in like a space type building?

• I hope its a space type building, since there's no gravity or breathable air. And they will have space hookers with three boobs <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure if we would all work together but oh well guess the new starwars movies and Independence Day movies will fill my needs

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 8

• There's no atmosphere. You'd have to live life in a habitat. It's smaller than earth so the gravity is much weaker. No water there. No nothing there. Solar radiation would frag you as well as there's no magnetic flux to deflect it. Plus any space debris would hit the surface at >60000 miles ph. Nothing would last on the surface. No night and day no seasons. If you survived you'd go nuts with the monotony

0|1
    0|0
  • Mars would be way more sustainable. They recently found liquid water, and the atmosphere has CO2 which can be converted to methane-based fuel and oxygen. The moon just wouldn't take as long to get there and back, but there's nothing useful there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything is possible with enough planning, and technology... And money!!

0|1
    0|0
  • You never know man! Lets hope so, more space on earth for me ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • We gonna colonise Mars pretty soon (You've most likely heared of it)

I'm pretty positive living on the moon would be a shit lot easier then living on a planet that as sand storms that are deadly as fuck and hard to see through

0|0
    0|0
    • Have to actually get to mars first, then actually discover a viable way to live long time on an uninhabitable planet.

• Show All
    • NASA was planning to send people to Mars by 2020, but then their budget was cut, and now they'll be lucky if they manage to get people to LEO again by 2030.
      If anyone is going to colonize Mars, it's going to be the Russians or the Chinese.

• Interestingly enough, it takes less delta-v (essentially fuel) to land on Mars than to land on the moon, thanks to breaking in Mars's atmosphere.

• Could they? Yes. Would it be fun? Not really.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its gonna be so expensive to transfer all the materials to the moon.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe in the distant future, but as things are now we certainly couldn't. There is no atmosphere, no magnetic field to pretect from solar wind (though I guess earth protects it a bit) but probably the most important is that the gravity is so low. Our bodies are designed to live with earth's gravity and will have trouble with low gravity, and we can't really change the gravity

0|1
    0|0