Being called weird: insult or compliment?

I personally love it but so many people think it's an insult, why? lol

0|0
20|18

Most Helpful Guy

• Compliment. In my book weird just means not normal and who the hell wants to be normal? Normal people are boring narrow minded and usually have no better than mediocre intelligence

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Eccentric, quirky, weird... I'd take it a a compliment.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Considering I've been called weird plenty of times before by people (aka @xnicholemariex3 ), I'm going to pretend weird is just another word for unique, interesting, or perhaps special-in-a-good-way.

Since I'd rather be complimented than insulted, I'm going to interpret "weird" as a good thing. It just means out of the ordinary, and if it doesn't mean creepy, it is a good thing, right?

2|1
    0|0
    • Lol yes Randall weird is a good thing 😊

• Lol weird is normal, I am renamed as 'Psycho' by few people (Aka @MissNowHere) , got to admit I adore and love it.

• Usually you can tell the way it's said. If it's, ''you're so weird'' and their face is of contempt. Usually not a compliment. But if it's "you're so weird with a smile on their face". That's a compliment.

1|0
    0|0
    • What if it's a text?

• @Heyyakk Depends. If it's just ''you're weird'' without any additional information it's vague. If it's, ''you're weird with a :p" it's positive.

• depends on what you think of the person that told you that... lol

i had one person call me weird (in a bad way) one time - he was the most boring person in the world. I looked at him and said "why do you think your opinion means anything to me? I'm freaking cool! - you put people to sleep - bye!"

1|0
    0|0
  • Today some guy in my class said: "the people don't wanna sit adjacent to you cause they think you are crazy aka wierd" I said maybe I am weird yeah it's cool and those people are boring.
    A third of my class hates me or tries to fool me cause I don't know they r retarded, added that a few in my class were bully victims at their older school I can tell that I don't care much about it even tho I listed all that information comming from my observation. Busta rhymes

1|0
    0|0
    • Meh, being weird is awesome

• Yeah today another guy on my class.. we were watching a movie and the fat guy was about to rape a young girl and about to kiss her.
      "He is gonna devour her *nom nom nom"
      "Put ketchup on it aminakoyom"
      It was not me but dat was funny and well placed

• Hahaha it's hilarious XD

• It's compliment, it define the uniqueness about you

1|0
    0|0
  • 💁🏻 I keep my weird side hidden

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how they say it. If they imply I'm creepy, nada. But if they imply I'm unique, yay!

2|0
    0|0
  • it can be both... depends on the situation and the way someone says it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the context I guess.

When people call me weird it's always in a positive way.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is a compliment mostly. at least in my experience. You could say that it also means original ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • compliment

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person. I wouldn't mind it either.

1|0
    0|0
  • You do know that weird people make the best friends right? :D.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means special, so I take it as a compliment.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it...

1|0
    0|0
  • Your name is relevant here

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been "weird" without trying to be for years and years and years. At this point I put measurable effort into appearing normal and trying to fit in. So I'd be insulted, yes.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I take it as a compliment. Normal is boring :P

2|2
    0|0
  • i'll take it as a compliment, with a cherry on top.

The context and tone of how one uses the word "weird" can really depend on whether it's an insult or a compliment. Sometimes how the person interprets it can also play a part

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't care either way.
    When someone tells you that almost all of them will phrase it as an insult - that's why people take it as one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care... I'll take whatever compliment.

1|0
    0|0
  • The word "weird" used to mean that something was wrong with someone, something maladaptive. Before then, it had something to do with things of a dark, macabre nature. So the definition of that word evolves throughout the generations. If someone was a creeper when I was growing up we called them a weirdo. In another 20 years it may mean something else entirely.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a compliment to me. Everyone is a little weird. Some more than others 😑

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not weird. I'm just fabulous in the most unusual ways.
    media.giphy.com/media/lkimmXChcxgBeL7Uc/giphy.gif

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the context haha but it doesn't really offend me 😜

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends, it can be both :P

2|0
    0|0
  • I get that all the time.
    whatever they actually meant, I ll take it as a compliment :P
    means they can t handle me I am too cool for them haha XD

1|0
    0|0
  • I get told I'm weird all the time. I think there's good weird and bad weird. Good weird is someone who is quirky and unique, bad weird is the dude jacking off on the bus.

1|0
    0|0
  • Weird is odd and odd is apart from the world :D I think its a compliment.

People who want to "fit in" and not "stand out" are the ones who think it is an insult.

I'd like that insult xD xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I dint think it's necessarily an insult. It's only an insult if you believe it to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know im weird af always have been. i suppose it depends on who/ with what intent they're calling you weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a weirdo

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it depends I will only get offended if someone says it like their disgusting with me or their tone doesn't sound kind. Its all on the tone of voice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always take it as "You're not funny"

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who & how someone is saying it.

1|0
    0|0
  • many people say it as an insult but actually its not.

2|0
    0|0