If I told my manager I quit but didn't write down that I quit can I still tell HR that I want to keep my job?

So I been working at a goodwill for about two years. About 3 months ago we got a new store manager who has been nothing but trouble for all of us. She's vindictive and likes to write you up for the littlest things like using the bathroom too long for instance. Yes that actually happened.

about a month ago I got a 2nd job at target and at first she was accommodating to my schedule. I would give targets schedule to her since target puts there's out 2 weeks in advance and her at goodwill doesn't she puts it out sometimes just 2-3 days before that week starts.

So today she finally puts out the schedule which starts tomorrow, and she deliberately schedules me over target knowing that it would conflict. I tried to ask her to try and switch it but she says 'I'm done playing nice' and says she won't accommodate me.

so in a rage I said I quit. But I didn't write it down. Can I call corporate and say I didn't really want to quit and maybe ask to get transferred instead? What do you think? Anyone have experience with this? m

Most Helpful Girl

• I would call corporate on her and ask for a transfer. Explain the situation. You've been working there for 3 years, no problem, and she came along and has been making things difficult for staff. I would include the fact that you gave her a schedule two weeks in advance and she possibly deliberately scheduled you on those days, and include what she said.
    She sounds like a mega bitch who needs a reality check.

But if you think that's a bad idea, to report her, then just talk to her ASAP and then ask HR to be transferred.

Best of luck, you're a good person and don't deserve that crap.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to talk to your manager right away. I had this happen @ my job to someone who USED to be there. He said he quit but didn't give a written letter of resignation or anything. He waited for a couple days before changing his mind but by then it was already reported that he had verbally quit and then when he said he wanted it back the matter was escalated to my boss's boss and she flat out said no and that it had already gone and been reported and the process was completed. That he would have to reapply for his job. HR added onto that though that he could also choose the option of leaving with 2 weeks pay severance. He chose the latter and didn't reapply cause you can imagine the hell hole that woulda been.

What Girls Said 2

• Discuss your situation with your manager. Perhaps you will not have to call corporate. I would only do that if she's completely unreasonable to see if you can be moved to another store.

Good luck!

• I agree with the other responses, if you want to keep your job you should talk to her.

Personally, I'll just forget about it.

What Guys Said 2

• You would just have to talk to the manager as soon as possible. If she didn't report you quitting yet you might have a chance at kepping your job.

• you would be better off just quitting and being done with her.

• If I can just transfer somehow I won't have to deal with her anymore