Why do jews hate Jesus when He was one of them?

I know Jews mainly hate Jesus because He is the already come Messiah, but they refuse to believe it. And I also know that they hate that Jesus identified Himself to be one with His Father, God.
But what I don't get is, all that is true so why can't jews accept that?

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't hate Jesus they just believe that he was a prophet and not god, in other words they also only believe in the old testament, not the new and old testament like we do.

• That's very similar to whst I was taught too. I can understand that.

• Well either way, I myself am awaiting Jesus's return. But I do like learning how others think.

• this is incorrect. jews dont think of him as anything. in fact some think he's just a fruad.

muslims think he's a profit. and yes, 90 percent of the Torah is the old testament.

What Guys Said 10

• If you're talking about modern Jews, I don't think they "hate" Jesus. Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't know a ton about Judaism) but I think there are Jews who believe Jesus was a prophet, and then there are those who believe he was a false prophet (basically a phony) and then there are Jews who don't really believe in Jesus or don't incorporate him into their beliefs.

If you mean Jews in Jesus's time, he was a rebel. He touched the unclean, he healed on the Sabbath, and he forgave people's sins, which they believe only God can do. He broke their religious Law all the time, while simultaneously preaching it. The Jews kinda thought he was a hypocrite and a false prophet.

• I see. Thank u for explaining that so clearly and vividly. If I could give out another MO, I would've given it to u.

• The Jewish people who I know don't hate Jesus. They believe he was a prophet but not God and that's perfectly fine because everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Also, I absolutely hate when people try to force their beliefs on others. You should just worry about yourself and what you believe instead if trying to force people to agree with you

• How was I forcing people to agree with me? I just asked a question. That's called being willing to learn, not forcing.

• You said that your beliefs are true and they should accept it. That implies their beliefs are wrong

• Those aren't my beliefs. Those are facts that anyone can read from the bible. I wouldn't dare make up my own thoughts and try to force others to accept that.

• Jesus stopped being jew when he had given up all his possessions, because as well all know, jews should never give up their money :D. Most jews didn't accept Jesus because jews that did accept turned into christian, that is including Jesus apostles, who was also born as jews. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im8vXA6PVGY

• I don't know why dont we all worship the man in syria claiming to be the second coming of allah? Because its crazy isn't it?

• I thought they were still waiting for a savior

• because he claimed to be God and the saviour.

Jews were also waiting but expected a fancy glorious person. not someone from a no name town and a son of a carpenter.

Jews today are still waiting for the messiah

• Hmmm yeah. 😕

• its not a personlaity lol you assumed i wanted MH when i m just trying to share...

i said i made a correction. i take Jesus seriously. thats all... and studied it a lot.

• In any case, thank u for replying to my question. Have a good day.

• I don't know lol one of life's mysterious I guess lol

• They don't, quit trying to stir the pot. Smh

• Let me remind you that this is a question and answer website, not a friends and family social media.
      I asked because I want to learn and fully understand, not make people angry. If I was trolling, trust me, I would be under Anonymous.

• Cause he turned his back on us. He was our savior, then betrayed us

• And yeah, I agree with the other answerers, you sound ill informed

• Your response really interests me, because I can tell it's heartfelt. I don't know who you are, but if you could PM me about why you feel this way, I would greatly appreciate it. But naturally if you do not feel comfortable about it, please by all means don't worry about my inquiry.

• I just wonder why you went with someone who's not Jewish as best answer

• "All that is true so why can't jews accept that?"

Dude, that is exactly why Jews don't like Jesus. They don't believe that shit.

What Girls Said 4

• Wow. Because all of that is false according to Jewish religion.

Are you really that ignorant?

And no, we don't hate Jesus. We never knew him, we may have an abundance of wisdom and be great with money, but we're not that old. We just don't believe he was anything other than a regular person.

If we make jokes, it's only because of how seriously Christianity takes itself. Judaism is much more laid-back. Well, at least... in my experience (perhaps not Orthodox).

And honestly, you must be referring to practicing Jews, because Jewish people that are not religious (like myself), don't give a fuck who he was or wasn't.

• Lots of Jews who I've spoken to in actual life always get offended whenever Jesus's Name is mentioned.

As far as me being ignorant about Judaism, yes I am. Which is why I asked this question.

• Ah... well, maybe they didn't understand where you were coming from.

Or perhaps they're anti-social. :) You seem cool to me!

• Perhaps.
      And thank u :)

• Except they don't? Why can't you accept that?

• It's not that I can't or won't accept that, that's them. I'm just curious as to WHY.

• Most definitely. Which is why I left back when I was 19.

• Smart thinking ;)

• They do? Not in my experience.

• Don't bash other religions because they don't have the same beliefs as you do. Each religion is different and has its own god (s).

• Woah, I never bashed anyone or anything. I just asked a simple, innocent question. That's what this website is about, remember? Asking what u do not know so you CAN know.

• Nah. Just trying to get a better understanding. I was raised to show jews high respect because they're God's first chosen nation. Why would I bash them when I only want to learn?

• Okay, it just came off as bashing.