Would you rather be LOVED or RESPECTED?

You can only choose ONE

Would you rather be LOVED or RESPECTED?

This doesn't necessarily mean in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Respect has more weight as it's based on the evaluation of a person, their morals, their ideals and so forth.
    You may dislike that person's character, but find their position on a variety of subjects admirable.

Love is fickle and often based simply on feelings and attraction. People fall in love or love someone just because they're a sweet person to talk to.

Respect, please.

• You are the only person who understands the question. You have great insight

• infatuation and love are not te same thing. well what to expect from a language that has one word for agape, eros, philia, storge, and divine Love... .

• @supernerd99

I'm well aware of the difference.

Fact is, most people will love their blood relatives almost unconditionally, but that doesn't mean you respect them as they may hold bigoted beliefs you disagree with or are shitty people in general.

What Guys Said 20

• Respect has to come first, otherwise there can be no love.

• Respect is everything.

• Respect. Love doesn't mean jack if you're treated like shit

• Respected, because you can not have a loving relationship without respect.

• Loved, because at the moment there is a bitter person in the house, hating those around her

• Do you understand the question?

• So true, people don't need to be loved to be respected. So you seem to understand the question 👍

• It's going downhill here though... The hate is hurting all of us :(

• I don't think one comes without the other...

• Of course it does. People in work don't love me but they respect me. Love and respect don't need to be related.

• How can you be loved without being respected in the first place?

• Because you don't need to love someone to respect them.

• Yeah I know and I can elaborate or go on and on about respect usually being earned and/or by fear and that love is nothing, but merely a feeling or attraction, but let's not XD

• dont you need to respect someone in order to love them?

• A person at work may respect me but not love me

• This has nothing to do with being in love.

• i disagree, but anyways, id prefer to be loved

• Hmmm how about... lovected? Cuz f*#% logic!

• Love should mean respect

• Not necessarily. People can hate you but still respect you.

• You are missing the point

• I know 😂

• Loved, experienced both and would rather be loved more. More satisfying for me

• dont they go hand in hand?

• Respected! I want everybody to leave me alone

• Respected.

• Neither. I would rather be feared and therefore gaining respect.

• I'd rather be fukd

• sEX SEX SEX SEX SEX

• Loved. Obviously

• he who loves you respects you so love includes both, thus you present a false dichotomy.

• I'd rather be both to maintain a friendly and playful relationship as loved but still get respect when I want it.

What Girls Said 13

• respect is the foundation for love, so i choose respect.

• i want to be respected AND loved
    but i guess respect comes first

• that s a stupid question cause you can t be loved without being respected.
    if he doesn t respect me he doesn t love me.
    so of course I am gonna go with love.

• It doesn't necessarily mean in a relationship... it means in general. You obviously misunderstand the question.

• it started out with love of course. he needs to have charisma to draw the people in. they should like what they hear. after he gained powerr it became smthng else and he abused it.
      yea you have a point on the family member thingy. but I think this is relative to the person :p cause I can t disrespect someone I like it s just my nature and if I don t like they way he thinks or behave I can t respect him. so I guess it pretty much depends on the person.

• Exactly! The two can be separated.

• Respected

filler

• I rather just cry myself to sleep. This questions has completely depressed me.

• Love does not exist without respect.

• It does because I respect my work colleagues but I certainly don't love them. Respect and love don't necessarily need to be connected.

• Respect doesn't need love to exist but love cannot exist without respect. There's no way you could love a person and not respect them. When you love a person you tell them the truth, you remain faithful to them, you sacrifice for their happiness. A person is incapable of doing these things without first having a respect for who that person is. You can respect someone you don't love but you can't love a person you don't respect.

• How can someone love another person without respecting them?

• respected always

• Respected

//

• Loved I guess

• I'd rather be loved bc you can't love someone without respect

• Respected i don't need love if im not respected

• If you love someone you already respect them. In what universe are these two things exclusive?