Do you accept criticism? And can you handle it?

"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing" - Aristotle

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats an interesting quote but even when you say and do nothing , you still get criticised. For me, I accept it. Only one had made me cry ever. The others I either try to bash someone for it or I just accept it and move on. How I behave towards it is depended on what type of criticism is being dished out. Some are like meh but some really do get under my skin.

Most Helpful Guy

• 0|0
    • I like the fact that you knowing that I'm Muslim lead you to go anonymous and post this.

It actually proves my point.

• You don't have a point to prove, you just thought you'd act conceited to get the upper hand but it's seethrough.

• The point is, I (as a Muslim) like it when people deal with me based of my faith, whether in a negative or positive way, it doesn't matter. As long as a Muslim is who am I, my case is always the winner. Thus me being criticized for being a Muslim is by me accepted, especially when when the criticism is done by a coward way (just like you did), it shows who it's great to be a Muslim.

What Girls Said 6

• i can accept anything u give me when put civilly and constructively. people can really cross a line and frankly, i don't need to take it. i don't care about what people think of that.

• I can take it, honestly.

• I wish I did more, but I struggle with accepting criticism, and I struggle distinguishing if it's constructive or hypocritical and biased, and even when I do distinguish the difference, I take it to heart, and am always wondering 'What if what that person said is true?' or something like that.

I'm sensitive and have high expectations of myself, which combined do not make a good combination when taking criticism!

• If its constructive and will help me I accept it. But if it's something not like that id ignore it and can handle it well because I'm that type of person who doesn't give a fuck 😂

• Constructive criticism, yes.

• Don't accept it

What Guys Said 13

• Totally depends who it is coming from. If some clueless kid trying to give advice, I'll ignore. If it's my boss, I'll write it down and treat it like the Bible lol.

• Depends. If it's constructive, of course I'll take it to heart. If it's some dumbass commenting on how I can't do something when he himself is no better, shit's going to be let loose.

• Sure when it's put civilly and constructively I can, it's all about presentation with me, and dispense out criticism in the same way as well.

• I take it to heart and I'll think about it and if it's legitimate criticism I develop an unhealthy obsession about improving.

• I am very cool with criticism, I don't take criticism to the heart, same with compliments, I don't get flattered.

But expect the same kind of treatment you gave me.

• i love criticism but its how they deliver it

compliments has blown my head up as a youth and i never liked the spotlight much. it hinders growth personaly

• It depends on how it is given.
    I can take criticism as long as it is given in a respectful manner

• Yes i do, why not.. aslong as its fair and justified!

• Constructive feedback yes but if you only doing it to let me down then I'm not OK with that

• As long as it's constructive.

• "I am too jacked braw"
    - Tyler McColt

• I criticize myself enough, thank you.

• yes. but it better be constructive. if i see that the other person is a retard i'll respond accordingly