What is up with all these transexuals all of a sudden?

i know that gay people have always been around, and there has always been some transexuals around, but now its like a new trend or something! i keep reading articles about everybody changing their genders. and not just grown adults who know exactly what they want in life and have thought about it all their lives, but little 5 year old kids too!!! for reasons like they prefer to play with different toys! like a girl wanting to play with trucks and a guy wanting to play with dolls. that is a common thing, not a reason to transform your whole body! its like every little thing now is a reason to change. im a girl but i've always been somewhat of a tomboy and im not super sensitive and i dont care for some girly things, does that mean im in the wrong body? no! that just means i have personality traits that dont fall into the typical society established gender roles. i just find all of this soo ridiculous, by the year 2030 or something, we won't know who's transexual and who is not. that is just scary.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, no surprise here. This is what happens when you live in a liberal politically correct society that lack morality and sanity and keeps telling you "it's ok to be gay", "they are born this way", "that's what they feel inside", "they are men don't view themselves as men so technically they are women", "being gay is not a choice" and whatnot.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hardly a trend. All it is is that the world is now becoming less ignorant and insensitive - not everyone, of course - and people are more comfortable being honest about themselves. People don't have to hide anymore, and people have access to more education now.

What Guys Said 3

• Well as me I am gay. But I am gay because I like the comfort of a male only a male knows what a male feels. I ben with my boy friend Stephen for 5 years and I am 14 do the math. And I kind of agree. Like I see that if you like men/women and like the comert. Butt if you like toys of a deferent gender it is kind of silly.

• yeah, i dont have anything against gay people and those who feel the NEED to change themselves (those who have reallyy thought it through and have been thinking about it their whole lives and honestly feel like they NEED it), but yeah i feel like now that changing your gender has been more acceptable, people really think that they need it just because they like some things about the opposite gender more then they like the things of their gender and its just ridiculous to me

• It's today's insanity.

"Jimmy is four years old and wants to wear a dress... clearly, it would be oppressive of me to tell him no. He's clearly transsexual, and we're having his penis amputated next month."

• right!!! as if little boys never wondered about feminine things in the past? im sure plenty of little boys play with girls toys just to see what its like because itssomething new (just like little girls play with boy toys), and nobody ever made a big deal about it and the majority of them werent even gay. but now its like yup! definitely gay and should be a girl instead!!

• As the world becomes more liberal and tolerant more and more freaks emerge.

What Girls Said 4

• Ir is scary, society is already allowing/accepting it. It's not right, because people won't be reproducing anymore, ruining it for the nexr generation. It's gross in my opinion.

• Does it matter? It's been happening. It's just more talked about because of the Caitlin Jenner thing. And it's for legit reasons, not because it's popular or people think it's cool.

• i sure do think it matters. it scares me to even think that half the population might end up being transexual. and i know that some people really do feel the need to do it and i understand that, im not here to judge, but a little 5 year old boy being changed into a girl just because he likes dolls is just bizarre

• and i think it also has to do with their parents. since changing genders is so acceptable now, they see their kids wanting a toy that the opposite sex plays with, and automatically assume they want to be that gender when in reality those kids most likely dont even understand that its not the toy their gender is not supposed to play with according to society. they just saw a toy, and wanted to see what it does. as simple as that. no need to make a big deal

• Regardless, it's really their choice, small reason or not. But it's really not a trend. I hardly even hear of it, beyond the two I know.

• I don't really feel the need to know who's trans, as long as I'm using the pronouns they want me to use. Besides, we already don't always know who is and isn't trans. I went to school with a girl who was letting everyone think she was male for years, then a few months ago... Surprise! I wouldn't say it's a trend so much as they feel more comfortable coming out, discussing it, and being open, so they're a lot more visible suddenly. The children probably do actually have more reason for claiming their identities than simply wanting to play with certain toys, but parents speaking about it are more able to speak about observable behaviors than the innermost thoughts of their children.

• i get what your saying, but to me personally it iss a concern, i have nothing against gay people and i do believe that they are just born that way (just mentioning that because i know that some people will try to say that its a choice, well i dont think it is), but i am straight so i have to know that the person im with was born a guy. it just really matters to me. and yeah i've had a friend who i thought was a guy but then turned out he was a girl (he didn't have any surgery, just dressed like a guy and had a guys haircut) and i had no problem with it, but i still do think that little kids changing their genders is bizarre. just because a guy acts feminine or a girl acts masculine is no reason to change their bodies (unless they really do feel the need to later on in life)

• Well, they can always change their names and genders back if they want to later on, it shouldn't be that much of a hassle. Like I mentioned, I'm positive it's about more than just what toys they play with or what clothes they want to wear. As surely as I knew I was female, maybe they feel that they are a certain gender. And as a parent speaking for the child, they'll talk about things like toys and clothes because that's what's most visible; that doesn't mean those are the only factors.

• * When I say change their genders back, I meant in a legal sense, to be clear.

• This is a touchy topic, but I agree. I think there is a minority of people who do genuinely have body dismorphia and they are true transgender people, but as with being gay there's this new wave of "transgender" people because it's trendy right now. I also find it funny how these same "transgender" people will say how they don't believe in the concept of gender!

• yeah! like some people really do have the NEED to change, and they have been thinking about it for YEEEEARS and i understand that, but little kids who are barely (or not even yet) going to elementary school wanting to change as if they know exactly what they want already? im just like really? and it seems like it hass become trendy. this is like the year where changing your gender is acceptable so people do it for ANY reason. like "i think i might be happier being another gender" i find it ridiculous.

• I agree! It's especially irritating when people claim to be transgender because they have typically masculine/feminine interests. Like, I dressed in my brothers clothes until I was 12 and liked to do boy things but that didn't make me a BOY. So many radical liberals are quick to denounce gender types but then force things on their children like 'oh little Joey likes barbies, I think he might be transgender' what

• right!! i've also been a tomboy when i was younger like i HATED dresses, i liked sports, im not super girly, im not super emotional, i like to be in control, and i dont think those traits make me any less of a girl and it is definitely no reason to change my whole body and pretend im a guy