Why would an outdoor kitten follow me all the way home?

It is winter but there is no snow a kitten/teenage cat followed me all the way to my house. Is it a federal/stray cat? There are no other cats outside. It might be a neighbourhood cat. If it is a federal or stray cat I might take to the vet and check. I find it very odd. There is no other cats outside it could very well be a stray. This is not the first time that same cat followed me allowed.

I want to take it home with me. My cat saw it and was livid. I am beginning to think the poor thing has no home when I move out of this small town if it is homeless I am taking it with me. I am an animal adovate and huge animal lover. I hate seeing animals out in the winter normally I never see cats in the winter but there is no snow out. It is fall weather.
I meant to say feral cat oops my bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's a federal cat, it is probably on a mission from the feline government to either make peace with your neighborhood cats or it was just a feral cat that followed you because reasons.

• I meant feral cat my bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might just be a friendly cat or could be feral. If it looks a little scruffy, slightly under fed and stuff it's probably stray. Be careful if you want to keep it though, sometimes people accidentally steal others pets like that haha

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe it's hungry. Feed it!

What Girls Said 1

• Aww it just wants company and food