What's a small dog?

What breeds are a "small" dog?

Apartments say that small dogs are allowed. Now, normally I don't like small dogs.

The toy breeds and anything under 20 lbs to me is too small.

But corgis are decent... do corgis count as small or are they more medium?

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Guy

• They're a medium

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Corgi would be more medium. I love corgis, it's one of my top 2 breeds to own some day.

I would say small are the toy breeds: Yorkie, Pomeranian, Chihuahua, Pug, Maltese, Affenpinscher, Papillon, Bichon Frise, Mini Pincher, etc. You can maybe ask the apartment manager if a corgi would still be ok. I saw a cocker spaniel in my apartment complex, and that is a medium size dog.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• I'd say corgis would fall in love with her small to medium category. Apartments have different regs, but if you have a corgi, I think you'd be ok (corgis are adorable) you could always ask the weight limit of the dog?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I don't currently have any dog. I mean, I have a 65 lb Australian Shepherd at my parents' house but he can't come with me. I want a dog but I've never had a small dog. Corgis are the only small breed I find decent lol Thus the question.

• I hear that, depending on where you're living they might have a corgi rescue organization.