Is it worst to be insecure or ugly?

I've been called ugly a lot. Especially in middle and high school. And my boyfriend told me he hates how insecure I am and I told him it's because people always call me names. It's hard to get over it sometimes.

• Insecure
  • Ugly
  • Both are bad

Most Helpful Guy

• if you're a girl interested in dating, its worse to be ugly. Many guys will still take you if you're insecure. On the flip side, if you're a guy interested in dating, its worse to be insecure, because many girls will still take you if you're ugly.

Most Helpful Girl

• i voted 'both' though as a woman it's WAY worse being ugly

What Guys Said 7

• Vote 'A' - being insecure makes one ugly most times even if not from the outside :)

• Being ugly and accepting it lets you actually do things. Being insecure makes you about as indecisive as the Italians during the World Wars.

• Be confident in yourself and people will see that instead. If you don't think your great, why should anyone else?

• You can work on your insecurity. You can't really work on ugliness.

• Being insecure is a million times worse than being ugly.

• I'm sorry you've had to go through this shit, people can be downright cruel

• Some people are actually insecure because they consider themselves ugly.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's way worse being ugly. Good looking people have so many advantages. Studies show they get paid better, are more successful, are trusted and liked more easily... Being ugly is real handicap. You have to work extra hard to convince people of your abilities.

While insecurity is also a handicap, it is something you can work on. Also people treat attractive people better in general, so that helps too to bolster your confidence.

If you are ugly, there is not that much you can do about your looks, and often that leads to insecurity...

So in a way it is possible to gain self confidence when you are attractive. However ugliness often comes with insecurity, and that's very hard to overcome...

• My guy friends always say that confidence is the most attractive feature in a girl. I was really insecure in middle school and high school, but I did my best to reinvent myself in college, (nothing crazy, but I didn't hide away like I usually did) and I have noticed a difference in how guys treat me. I started acted like I was worth it, and they started reacting to it in a positive way. You are a beautiful person, no matter what anyone tells you. Your self-confidence is your biggest asset, & you should do everything you can to mature it. Don't ever let small minds convince you that you aren't worth it, because you are. I wasted my entire childhood looking for someone to "fix" me. I wish someone would have told me that if you treat yourself with the respect you deserve, and everyone else will follow suit.

• There is a phrase in advertising that goes like this,
    "Perception Is Reality." Skipping the brain let's talk about the mind. If you think you are ugly, you are ugly. Insecurity is the same thing. You are insecure because you think you are insecure. I'll give you another example. I'm attractive and I have a good figure. When I lived in Atlanta I got paid wear a bikini and sit on top of a car on Saturdays for a dealership. They claimed it increase sales. The thinking of the public was some kind of perception that you get the girl with the car. Sort of like Ricardo Montalbom (spelling?) Talking about some kind of leather in an advertisement in a tuxedo.
    So stop thinking you're ugly and you won't be. I might add and I believe this that insecurity comes from your parents telling you you're not okay. You believe your parents hence you believe oh you're not okay.

• The first one bc u can't hide insecurity!

• It's worse to be insecure, because even as a not-so-attractive person you could still feel comfortable with yourself. Being insecure means that you not only feel ugly, but you worry about it when going into social/public situations.

• I voted insecure but I think it's worse to be Ugly !

• Ugly :)☺☺☺

• My ma always said that if u have a good soul itll show, and even if ur ugly people will be drawn to u. U could be angelina jolie but if ur not a good person u won't attract people. I believe it 100%