Why is it so hard for some people to say sorry?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Depends... but I've gotta be in some kind of a rut... or just don't care... before I utter that word.. like @bryon said... its a pride thing. and also a few other messed up reasons.

• Most of the time it's pride that gets in the way or rational thought

• I really liked this girl and we went out with friends. She kept flirting with every guy knowing I liked her. Maybe to get at me I don't know. I was having a pity party at the bar getting wasted. I said some very mean things while drunk it took me two months to apologize or show my face around her out of shame. It's hard but I'm glad we became closer and... very close after that. Apologies only work if they are genuine I literally told her I felt small and insignificant around her that I'm a horrible guy. She almost cried... because she knew I hated myself for it. It's hard to say sorry because it's not just sorry. It's sorry for (then explain and go into painful detail why you did them wrong)

• Ego. It makes them look weak and they have to admit they did something wrong which a lot of people don't want to do.

• The think they'll harm their reputation, whereas the opposite is true :D
    Being prepared to offer a genuine apology makes one score in my opinon!

• Sorry to be the one to tell you it's because people see it as a sign of weakness to say sorry.

I'm sorry I just pissed on your fireworks telling you this ;p

• Because of pride.

• Because most of the times the person you need to apologize doesn't deserve an apology. By far the majority of the times its to avoid conflict.

• because they think its makes the inferior. its actually a weakness

i can't stand people like that. its hopeless when they can't admit to an inssue.

no one likes accountability it seems

• Their ego for sure

• "Why is it so hard for some people to say sorry?"

Ego.

• I'm not sure. I have no issue with it.

Sorry Girl for spamming you! 😭😭😭😭

• Yea I am sorry OP for liking cocks, dude wtf? @tony72722 Wtf is wrong with OP?

• eh doing it way too often...

• pride (filler)

• Because it means admitting that they have done something wrong! Most people are too egotistical and prideful for their own good.

Bear in mind, young woman that many people do say sorry, the words "I am sorry" much like "I love you" are three of the easiest words someone can say to someone else.

"I am sorry" doesn't matter to me when I am left heartbroken crying myself to sleep at night *shakes fists*

What Girls Said 12

• Their egos are too big, and feel weak/defeated if they ask for forgiveness or say they're sorry. Or maybe they're in denial, thinking they've done nothing wrong to begin with (also kind of has to do with having a big ego). I think these are the people who weren't scolded enough as kid and taught to say sorry when they did something wrong. These people probably threw tantrums until their parents got fed up and they essentially "won" the argument. It's very important for parents to explain to kids what they've done wrong, why it's wrong, and the appropriate way to handle such a situation (apologize). Otherwise these people will grow up to be brats who think they can do no wrong, or associate apologizing with losing/admitting defeat/being weak.

• Pride. ... then some more pride. Then some ego.

• Pride/ego. A lot of us at some point or another may have a hard time accepting we were wrong about something. Apologizing often openly declares that you accepted you were wrong, though sometimes we do apologize simply for the sake of peace. Also, I know some people who think apologies should only be saved for more serious situations or else they lose meaning.

• ugh.. I hate saying sorry!

• Maybe ego. Maybe they're the kind of person that is sincere when they apologize, so they won't say sorry when they don't mean it.

• i guess its hard for them because of their ego >:(

• My pride gets in the way.

• Pride, admitting you're wrong (which can be extremely hard for people with high standards of themselves) and feeling shamed or weak by apologizing.

• cuz their bull headed and stubborn

• Pride..
    ..
    ..

• not hard 4 me... though I say that word like 24-7

• I've always had problems with that one word because it's like admitting to being defeated and feeling embarrassed about it.