She's a really great friend (yes she is pretty and I am nervous with her). She is 10 hours ahead timezone wise.
Really good rapport in person and normally fun texting. She is enthusiastic 100% of the time. But the last interaction, please HELP!
1. I text her a sweet message (afternoon my time, midnight hers)
2. She replies in minutes with enthusiasm wishing me same.
3. She texts me how are you? the next day (morning my time, late afternoon her time)
4. Being busy and out of the flat, also wanting to impress her in a text convo, I wait. I then text her I'm doing great, mention a hobby (to give a hook for further convo) and ask her how SHE is. (midnight my time, late morning her time the next day).
5. I do feel bad as normally we text mutually, initiate mutually, and text in real time or within half an hour or so. I did end up replying to her 17 hours later. But now a day later (over 24 hours), no response to my how she is? And she read the msg?
What did I do wrong? Now I feel awkward like I can't text her again?
by the way I do think she is so nice and don't know how to tell her that in person or by text. Long distance and timezone is different just to clarify. Help?
1. I text
2. She reads and replies within minutes.
3. She texts me 8 hours later.
4. I see, but don't read. I have to leave, and want to listen and text her to flirt. I get stuck out the whole day.
5. 17 hours later, I read and reply at once.
6. She reads 30 mins later but no reply after 3 days?
10 hour time difference between us. She is a really pretty great friend of mine. I try to impress her, am nervous and now feel so sad.
Most Helpful Girl
Thanks again for your help with my question - I have followed your link.
You said you saw her message that morning but not read it (?). If so, would she have seen that you had not read the message yet?
If she would have seen that you hadn't actually read the message for 17hrs, I think she is being quite childish, to be honest. She needs, then, to be a bit more understanding that you are adults, and you're not always going to be able to respond to her straight away... sometimes things happen (work, daily life etc).
Don't feel bad about this, you have nothing to apologise for. The fact that you responded within a day or too should have shown her that you weren't trying to deliberately ignore her. If she hasn't responded to you for 3 days or more, she is ignoring you, and playing games.
I hope that helps in some way =)2
- Show AllShow Less