What's wrong with intelligence?

It seems that everytime I hang out with people they can be confident and talk about themselves and their passions but when it comes to me loving my intelligence I suddenly become annoying.
I'm not hot or rich or funny. Intelligence is all I have and when I try to build up confidence on that people still try to bring me down.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I sound intelligent to people when I talk. But I realized that when it comes to socializing I need to let that go. I need to stick my neck out and be entertaining, or funny, and talk about my life, even though it may not sound intelligent. Sometimes you have no idea what you are doing or what you are trying to say or even where you were going with the idea you had, and you get nervous and you may even "choke" as they say like when you have stage freight but that's okay because who said it would be easy. All you have to do is try.

What Girls Said 2

• I appreciate people with intelligence, but of course there is always someone who knows something you don't. "You go not where you are tolerated but where you are celebrated". I'd want to be around people who appreciate me for who I am, and there's nothing wrong with being smart. But remember that people are smart in their own way and everyone has something to contribute to the world.

• Nothing wrong with intelligence. Maybe what you are saying goes over their heads, though.

• The thing is that in an argument you will either agree with me or you will lose. Im just good at it. I have my way of saying some things and people seem to hate it.

• Maybe they see it as arrogance, which might be irritating to some people. Other people don't mind or don't see it that way.

What Guys Said 4

• If someone rams something down your throat through arrogance- it's irritating, whether it's intelligence, strength, looks, pies... actually no wait pies is fine. lmao

• I see what you mean but the way I talk irritates them. I know I sound like Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye together but this is who I am and society seems to not like it.

• You miss the point, if it's the way you talk then you're probably articulating in a way that's pretentious which has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with being a twit. If you spoke to someone like Richard Dawkins in a social situation he'd sound nothing like kids who declare themselves clever and try too hard. Tbh I can see why people don't like you. lol

• Thank you for your opinion.

• people want to talk to you, not hear how much of a smartass you are. you can be smart without pointing out how smart you are.

• When hanging out with people personality matters WAY more then intelligence, just being intelligent doesn't get you anywhere if it stops there.

• Well my personality is based on my intelligence. I'm not sorry Im not simple minded and I wouldn't change it but I find it rudiculous to be offensive to someone just because he's intelligent.

• I never thought people would be annoyed by such thing...

• The point is it's not your intelligence that annoys other people.

• Intelligence is it's own reward, you don't need the approval of others when you're intelligent. People are wary of what they don't understand

• I do not need approval, I want acceptance.