How can I avoid a presentation?

I am really scared, because people might laugh at me, or my presentation might be really bad. Even the thought of me holding a presentation makes my hart beat faster.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only solution is working your confidence. I used to love presentations because I found it a challenge to explain things in a way I would keep everyone interested without having them do much to get interested.
    Try to recite your presentation alone at home, while you talk loudly. Listen to yourself and see if you like it. Then if you want recite in front of a small group, like your close friends or a family member. That would help a lot.

Facing your fear is a much better solution rather than escaping it girly :D

• Really helpful! You can also turn to the guys from https://essaybox.org/ service for assistance. They'll make a top rate PowerPoint presentation for you at a reasonable price. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• I knew one guy in university who had to do a presentation and was stressing out about it. He was up all night before the day of the presentation, putting together his paper and presentation. To stay awake he drank energy drinks but he drank too many and ended up having to go to the hospital.

A few minutes of discomfort or a trip to the hospital. My point is that there are worse things than having to do a presentation.

• you can't avoid presentations, im also nervous all the time. but i got myself in the state of mind that nobody cares about the topic im presenting, and won't notice mistakes. it never happened to me that people laughed at my presentation, i would not do that to other people awell. it would be so rude and i can feel the other person^^ and i think everybody thinks so, they want the best for you.

• I just used to say no when teacher asked and they would just pick someone else to do presentation.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't avoid it. Yes it is scary, everyone think it is. SO what if people laugh at you? Are you going to die because of that? No. You did something scary and you should be proud no matter what happens. Think about WHY you are doing this and what comes out of it. I used to have this problem and my hands would be shaking when I stood up there, I avoided presentations at all costs but then I realize that I will never escape them so I better get used to it be good at it. I told my therapist basically what you told me and she said that one way to overcome the fear is to keep doing it over and over again. Once you stand up there take three deep breaths and accept that you are scared but you're gonna do this for the good that comes out of it. Be confident!