How long does your earphones last?

Mine could never last a year. It always ends up working in one side of the ear and then breaks later on and I can't hear anything anymore.

• Less than a month
  • 1-2 Months
  • 3-4 Months
  • 5-6 Months
  • 7-8 Months
  • 9-10 Months
  • 11-12 Months +

Most Helpful Guy

• Vote H: I have had my Sennheiser headphones now for about 8 years and they still work just as well as the day I bought them. I also have a pair of Sennheiser earbuds to that are now about 2 or 3 years old and they work just as good as the day I bought them. I use both pairs all the time and the sound quality on both of them is so great.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on a lot of factors. When I was in college I was using my headphones everyday and I maybe got 6-8 months out of them. Sometimes it would be less. I found in the winter time, being outside in the cold weather really got to them. Mostly the cords. If you are doing a lot of walking, and having to adjust yourself like with a coat, or going on a bus, or anything that involves moving the wires, taking off headphones, etc... then there will be more wear.

But I was buying the gel-type headphones, the cheap 8 dollar ones. I have now upgraded to more expensive Sony headphones now that I am employed. I spend about 20 dollars or more on the ear-bud style headphones and I most recently bought a pair of 40 dollar over the ear style headphones. Both of which are still in use and I bought them last year :)

I think if you are wanting your headphones to last, I would spend around 20 bucks on the pair and then have a case you can put them in when not in use so that they are not getting wrecked. I found a lot of my headphones stopped working due to shorts in the wire. This was caused by knotting of the wires, or tugging and pulling on them. If you can avoid those things from happening, they will most definitely last longer :)

What Guys Said 15

• It depends on how often you use them. I rarely use mine, and they have lasted me for years. They are also just the cheapest ones I could find at the store.

• My current pair are on 18 months. My pair before that were about two years old. I've got pairs of the headphones from the original Gameboy (circa 1989) that still work.

• Sounds like you just buy cheap ones. I invested around 80 bucks for mine and they still work after 5 years and have a much better sound quality anyway.

• About 3-6 months, I usually end up losing them before they even have a chance of becoming defective lol

• I rarely use earphone... but the last ones didn't last for too long. maybe a year or so (no that's not long for some decent ones).

I listen usually with some big headphones and those last forever

• Years. I like to buy expensive shit and take care of it so it lasts forever so that I have money left over to buy even more expensive shit.

• Depends what you buy. The buds from Apple never seem to last long, but my earpieces from Sony have last 2-3 years. Over the ear do last quite a while.

• I have 400$ headphones so they better last forever

• Since i bought my phone and i listen dailly! Over 3 years now

• I use earphones, Sennheiser ones currently, and I break a pair about every two months. Long live warranty.

• The dollar store types usually a month or 2 if that

• Often a couple of years.
    Then the rain fucks with them or something.

• Until I forget them in my shorts and have washed them 2 or 3 times.

• iPhone headphones last a year at least, the same applies to the other medium prized ones.

• Hm my Samsungs 1,5years now I got Huaweis hopefully they work longer.

What Girls Said 7

• 1 week! yeah I have cheap ones! haha!

• Like a month 😂 Two months max.

• A couple years usually.

• Like 6 months usually before until I switched to a new brand and quit buying them off the internet.

• Mine usually last 3 or 4 months. It's so annoying how it only starts working on one side.

• 3 years 😂😂😂😂

• I've had mine for a few years now. Still works very well!