Do you judge the book by its cover?

Most Helpful Guy

• I try my best not to. But I've always been the type of person who gives people the chance to reveal who they're despite what they look like. And to me, people deserve that chance. I've encountered many people that looked a particular way but deep down inside, they were different and I mean in a good way. Personally, the way I see it is that, people whom i encountered gave me a chance regardless of my appearance, personality etc and we have saddled well. So i dont have a problem doing the same. Now this doesn't mean to let you guard down. Be vigilant, be cautious. But, let people in. Live, laugh, love. Selah

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• First impressions. It's in our nature to judge someone based off appearance first before getting to know them.

Look at job interviews for example... You might be more qualified for the job but the employer might hire someone else for simply liking his/her personality and appearances.

• you know people through their actions - not their words or what you project on them based on your interpretation of their appearance.

thats how society works - we have our social norms (this is good) - (this is lame), when you stop blindly accepting what is the common conception of good you start being a thinking individual

• No
    it's wrong anyway

• yes. i read the back cover to see what it's about... also, i don't read books.

• Every time.

• i try not to

• When making friends, no. When dating, unfortunately yes. For me, there's just nothing they can do if I'm not physically and sexually attracted to them. I would be a worse person to look past it because I know that I would end up being unhappy, and therefore they too would likely feel the same.

What Girls Said 8

• never. a long time ago i learned not to do that.

• I don't! I try not to!

• Yes my family told me I'm like my Mom I can tell from first impression , i tested myself many time it works, last time I told my friend her new boyfriend is player so I searched hard to prove it then yes he is in relationship
    I still give chance always. I don't like to judge even so

• I try not to.,,

• On first impression yes but not on a detailed analysis of their character and personality

• yeah all the time

• like an actual book? cause then yeah. i do sadly. i 99% I'm not wrong but that other 1% i get a pleasant surprise. same thing goes with people.

• No, I judge it by the description on the back or the inside flap.