Do you like how dogs smell?

I mean, their odor is so comforting. I love it. They smell really good in my opinion. But I know lots of people hate the smell.

0|0
24|33

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the smell. I mean, it signifies holding a friendly dog close, so how could my brain deem it negative? I don't particularly mind the smell of wet dogs, either. I don't like it per se, but I don't find it so horrendous as some do.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally get what you mean! Whenever I travel and i miss my dogs, I always try to recall their smell It's comforting :)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 32

• Cat person here.

Don't like the smell of dogs at all.

6|1
    0|0
  • I don't love the smell, but I seem to like it better than most people, but can become overpowering in some cases. If anything I would say their smell triggers memories of the love they hand out so willingly, and that is what makes me like their smell.

2|0
    0|0
  • Usually most of the time but sometimes a wet dog can be a bit iffy and if you ever make the mistake of feeding a dog potatoes that can clear a room LoL but that said they are great to have around and the fact I usually don't notice the smell is a sign that there is no bad smells happening.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I like some dogs, I had a dog once, his name was Pinkie, he was a Rottweiler, and he smelled nice :)

cdn2.rottweilerhq.com/.../Rottweiler.jpg

Too bad he died :(

2|0
    0|0
  • we don't have dogs and I haven't interacted with any for a longer time, so not 100% how they smell anymore... but when I was younger and took care of the dogs of my neighbour I know it didn't bother me... loved cuddling with them.

we have cats and I like their smell... unless they yawen 5cm in front of my nose urgh x_x

2|0
    0|0
  • Do you mean like this:

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls smell better 💁🏻

2|2
    0|0
  • "Dog sniffing"? Is that a new drug? :/

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really bothered. My current dog (Amber) doesn't actually smell at all. Her coat is really soft and her ears.. 😍 I love stroking her ears. 😂

2|0
    0|0
  • @rebekahj391 I could imagine you awkwardly sniffing dogs when no one is looking lol.

3|1
    0|0
  • I hate the smell of a wet dog.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like the smells of most animals.
    Although I see where you are coming from.

Scented shampoo lol...

1|0
    0|0
  • *hisssssssssssss... And arches back and extends claws!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Wet dogs are smelly. Gotta wash em with some shampoo

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they smell dirty lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not fond of it after a week without bathing. After bathing for the first week I do not mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i love dogs and their smell :D i want a dog for Christmas but nooooo my mum and dad dont want one

1|0
    0|0
  • I like my dogs smell. Although she technically smells bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think they stink

2|0
    0|0
  • I like the smell of dogs, I sniff mine dog's ear xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Grilled hotdog smells nice

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehhh soon enough I get used to it

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate the odor, but I love the dog. Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a British lab and most of the time I like how she smells but sometimes she smells pretty bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Not to their natural odor no. Reason why I put mine to the hose at least two or three times a month.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, dpgs and cats

1|0
    0|0
  • I do love dogs. Don't get me wrong. I am however repulsed by their smell.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good when they take bath :p

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don't know.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a cat person, but yeah I know what you mean and agree.🐾😺

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• 1|1
    0|0
  • lol depends. some of them have this weird nice smell, others r nasty af!

my little baby is always nice and clean though :D

1|1
    0|0
  • Haha I've had 50+ dogs in the last year or so so even wet dog smell doesn't bother me. I wasn't a fan of it at first but now I find it comforting just because I like dogs so much.

And omgggg a freshly bathed dog? Yes please. (except for shih tzus, they always stink)

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate their smell actually haha it makes me nauseous :s on the other hand cats don't smell bad, that's why I prefer them haha

1|1
    0|0
  • agreed. love my lab. love her smell. I know from the aroma that i have at least one friend.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like how a relatively clean dog smells. But do I sniff my dog after a romp in the dirt or a bath in the rain, nooo, haha. The inside dog smells the worst, in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • NO! I am afraid of dogs and cat!

1|0
    0|0
  • The last dog I had I was 14 so I don't remember😞

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you talking about wet dog? Or just dog in general.

1|1
    0|0
  • dogs are awesome in all possible ways..

1|0
    0|0
  • Some smell good, some don't lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I love dogs... except for their smell. It does depend on the dog I think, some dogs seem to smell worse than others. I do love horse smell.

1|0
    0|0
  • My dogs always smell like pine trees I love it lol also I love how puppies smell.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I'm not fond of how dogs smell. Especially when they're wet.

1|0
    0|0
  • i personally don't like it

1|1
    0|0
  • No I think dogs smell nasty. Then again I am not a huge dog person though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ew I can't stand when our dog makes our kids blankets smell. she's so huge so its gross.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're healthy, clean dogs. Yes.
    Wet or dirty ones, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dogs are like people some are ok others smell so bad you can't stand to be near them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont mind it. my dogs dont really smell bad anyways

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I like how some dogs smell but not all 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Clean dogs smell ok, but they don't usually stay that way long!

1|0
    0|0
  • I neither like it nor hate it, it just comes with owning dogs...

1|0
    0|0