Why is everyone calling me a dyke?

I'm not a lesbian, or a dyke, but people keep calling me that. My mom sometimes said that I looked gay but I always thought she was joking. Apparently not. I wasn't aware that gay had a specific look. My family constantly calls me a dyke. Even my 9 year old sister calls me gay. My mom is always telling me that something looks gay. My sneakers look gay, my hair looks gay, or my sweatshirt looks gay. I used to keep my hair in a bun all the time, until my mom told me it made me look like a lesbian, so now I wear it down. Pretty much everyone thinks I'm a lesbian. A few people assumed I was gay and thought I was checking out other girls. One time some guy in my class assumed I was a lesbian and asked me "when was the last time you got some pussy?" and then told everyone in my class that I'm a lesbian even though I'm not. One of my close guy friends thought I was a dyke for a while. At first it didn't bother me because I know I'm straight so it doesn't matter, but people are constantly making fun of me or commenting because they think I'm gay. I don't even do anything. I'll admit I'm a tomboy. I love sneakers, skinny jeans, video games, sports, and most of my friends are guys, and I've never had a boyfriend before (because I'm shy around guys I like), I don't wear makeup or nail polish often, and I have vulgar sense of humor. However, just because I'm not a typical girl doesn't automatically mean I'm gay. I just don't like being stuck in a gender role. How can I get everyone to stop calling me a dyke, or how can I make myself look less like a dyke?

What Guys Said 1

• It may be your mannerisms, but a pic would help.

I know quite a few teen girls (via my kids) who don't wear makeup, wear sneakers and skinny jeans, and don't seem to generate assumptions about their sexuality.

But it seems like there's -something-. going on.

What Girls Said 2

• Ignore the haters!

• You're probably giving off that vide as well as exhibiting homosexual like behavior it may seem as nothing to you I had this same issue until my family met my boy friend at the time then they stopped